I

Nyctophilia:

Love of darkness or night. Finding relaxation or comfort in the darkness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eight months. It had been eight months since Izuku went missing. It had been eight months since Inko felt empty.

Inko Midoriya, a short and chubby woman with kindness that could rival almost anyone in the world. Her nature was always so gentle and loving, always ready to spring into action when someone needed comforting. She tended to keep a cool head when in stressful situations so she wouldn't worry anyone. Well, she used to.

The sun lit the world as the city bustled with life. People walked up and down the streets, some talking to others whether that be on the phone, or in person, while others simply enjoyed taking in the scenery. There were people filled in shops and restaurants, at stands, in the parks. There were people who were working day hours now heading to work while others were now going home for the day. They all had one thing in common: The papers they held in their hands. Yes, Inko had been walking around the city and passing out missing person's flyers to everyone she could. She had to, it was the only way she could keep herself sane.

When she had noticed Izuku's disappearance, the woman could barely hold it together. Many questions ran thoughher head when a week had passed and her son still hadn't come home. 'Was he kidnapped? Did he run away? Did he kill himself? Was I not enough? Did I do something wrong? Was it me?' The small woman fell more and more into the pits of anxiety and greif the longer her son was away. Mitsuki had came in on the shorter woman more than once when she would have her breakdowns, and had decided to help her old friend as much as she could.

Inko's heart ached with each flyer she gave away or hung up. This was a nightmare for her. She had lost the one she tried so hard for, the one she loved through thick and thin. She lost her son and wasn't sure if she'd ever get him back. It scared her so much to think that she would never be able to hear his soft voice or see his smile. He was her reason she kept fighting so much. It didn't matter when he was announced as quirkiness, he was still her son and she loved him dearly.

After finishing her round of flyers, the woman let out a shaky sigh and began to head to the park. She took slow and tired steps as she watch the world around her. It had become a little will without her son around though she couldn't deny the bittersweet beauty she found in it. It was bright, like her son's personality. Like his smile. Like him. She woman quickly blinked away the tears she felt coming and pushed forward until she made it to where she wanted to be.

Inko looked around the park for only a few seconds until she found it. She quietly made her way over to a bench that held a woman with spiky blonde hair sitting on it, and a male with the brown hair standing next to her. Smiling tiredly when she approched the two, they all said their hellos before she took a seat next to the woman. They all stayed silent as they watched the park and all that went on. From the birds that flew away or landed on nearby things, the kids who swong on the swings and laugh loudly, to the ball that bounched pass them.

"I miss him." Inko finally spoke up. Her voice had came out gentle and shaky, a slight crack to it as she watched two kids with butterfly nets giggle and talk as the marched on. A mournful smile painted itself onto her delicate lips as she parted her lips once more. She could feel the tears she had held back previously begin to spill as she spoke again yet nothing came out. Mitsuki took this as a sign to comfort her friend. The ash blonde woman hated seeing the smaller on in so much pain and sadness, but she knew her words could only help so much.