Chapter 2 part 2: Late Night Stroll

Sorry for the delay! I've been thinking about this fic hard and have been finding it difficult to write a continuation. The issue is I just don't know the series of events I should lay down in order to get the end I want. So I've decided to just write and see where it goes. I hope it leads somewhere you guys will enjoy!
Word count: 1330

.~.0.~.

The outside world was so cold. And wet.. Where were you? How did you end up here? Why hadn't you at least done a little research to find the police department? Because of your lack of research, you had landed yourself in the middle of a street in an unknown part of Detroit in the middle of the night just at the tail end of a small rainstorm. You had a bag of cloths and some money you had managed to sneak. You needed to find someone, honestly anyone, that could give you some sense of direction. Walking a little further, you saw the warm glow of a red and blue open sign in the front of a corner drug store. You felt an overwhelming sense of relief as you nearly ran inside. Finally some human life! Or, android?

Standing patiently at the store's counter was a tall android with slightly darker caramel skin and pushed back black hair. He saw your entrance and instantly lit up. He obviously hadn't seen anyone in a few hours.

"Hello!" His chipper voice rang as the soft ding of the door bell sung to a halt. You gave a shy wave, walking over and brushing some hair from your face.

"Hi.. I need some directions." You set your hands on the counter. He seemed a little surprised, no one really came in looking for directions, they all usually knew where they were heading and had a plan. Nodding, the android moved to his computer.

"Okay, where to?"
"The Detroit Police Department."

Your answer earned you a confused look.

"If you have an emergency, we have a phone."
"I know... I know I just.. I need to actually physically be there for... reasons."

The android seemed to have an understanding look as he looked up the directions and turned his screen to you. You observed it, taking a mental picture and saving it to your memory file of directions. Giving a nod, you smiled politely at the android cashier.

"Thank you so much."

Exchanging goodbyes, you left for you nearly three hour walk to the police department. Stopping for only a second, you made a mental note of how insane this seemed. Walking miles to a police department so you could see an android you had only previously had a one minute interaction with. Even if he was there, what were you going to say? The police would just return you to Elijah, and who know what he'll do when he finds out what you did. This was crazy. But it felt like you were going to go crazy if you didn't see him and have at least this little hint of adventure in your life.

So you marched on.

o.0.o

It had been a long night for Hank and Connor. Connor, of course, wasn't tired. Hank was nearly falling asleep where he stood. They had gone through nearly 100 papers of doodles and writing, and almost 50 different paintings related to her disappearance, most including some sort of romance, self bewilderment or the thought of just being somewhere else. They spent hours upon hours trying to piece this large puzzle together, only to get no hint. Well, no hint in one of Hank's theories. Connor was starting to think his hypothesis was true; you were looking for him.

Heaving a sigh, Connor sat the last of his papers aside and turned to Hank. The man in question was basically asleep holding a wad of papers in his hands. So, Connor pulled the papers away, set the older man's arm over his shoulder and dragged the man out to his car. Connor would have to drive tonight.

Pulling up to Hank's home, Connor got out an helped the older man out and into his home. Feeling rushed, Connor left Hank to sleep on his couch, tucked in with a warm blanket and pillow of course. The android was about to leave the house when he heard a soft, low belly bark. Turning back into the home, he saw the large fuzzy friend, Sumo!

"Hello Sumo. Why are you awake so late?"

The large dog walked off into the kitchen. When Connor walked in, he saw that the water bowl was bone dry and the food bowl only held dust. That right, Connor and Hank spent basically all afternoon at Kamski's residence. Poor Sumo.

feeling bad for the dog, Connor filled the water bowl and searched around for the dog food. When he found it, it was in the most peculiar place; The cabinet. Hank left an entire bag of dog food up in a cabinet next to his fridge.

So, Connor fed Sumo, gave him one last pat before leaving the Anderson residence. He boarded a bus, stepping into the Android section, and made his commute back to the DPD, where he would make his report, and had in any evidence he could provide before going back to Cyberlife.

o.0.o

Everything was so... glum and dirty.

Looking back at your research, you though Detroit was supposed to be a nice place near a lake with nice people. You poor, sweet, innocent mind told you wrong. As you wondered the streets, making your way towards the DPD, multiple men had yelled catcalls at you, you had seen at least three rats, and garbage was piling up on some corners. It was fairly clear that you were not in a good part of the city. So, like any other woman would do, you tried to pick up the pace, and not linger in one area too long. The soft blue glow of overpasses and android waiting areas provided some light in the late night hours. You could at least so people coming if you were to be approached. What time even was it? Were people still out this late? You had no clue. You had been walking for what felt like two hours now. Checking you mental map and surveying your surroundings, you could tell you were only about an hour away now. What a relief.

Trudging along the streets of Detroit, you find yourself only a few blocks away from the department! And the surrounding residence seem to be much safer! Excitement bubbled up in your throat as you started to jog. You were so close. You were so close to being in the safety of the police department. You were so close to seeing friendly humans. You were so close to seeing him. You were so close to seeing the one who plagued your mind. You were so close to seeing Connor!

There was a tug on your arm. And you stopped dead in your tracks.

o.0.o

Connor watched the street as the buss moved towards his destination. It was calm, no one was out and the rain had just stopped. He watched as the leaves that were no drenched gently wave by as the buss moved. This wasn't necessarily one of his favorite seasons, but it was above winter.

He was enjoying the beauty of a dark autumn night, when something cough it ear. He heard screaming. It sounded fearful and pained. Like someone was being strangled or beat. Quickly looking around and moving towards a window, he saw.. A girl. And a man. The man had his hands on her, holding her arms tight behind her as he dragged her down the street. He had to do something! Quickly, Connor's hand flew to the emergency stop. The buss came to a stop, and Connor went flying off the buss towards the offender.

Then he saw a head of (y/h/c).

And frightened bright red eyes.

And he knew this wasn't just an emergency.

This was you.