Chapter 3 part 1: Feeling Human

Hey guys, I'm so sorry that it's taken so long to update. My mind has been running blank lately and I have recently fallen to a new fandom. But I'll try to wrap this book up soon! I promise everything will be okay :)

word count: 930

.~.0.~.

You sat on the ground, feeling cold and scared. Someone had grabbed you and attempted to grope and kidnap you. And that same someone was now on the ground next to you being handcuffed and beaten by the android you've been questing for. His foot came down from your Peripheral vision and onto the mans chest, effectively knocking the wind out of him. Then once again did that same leg come and take a swing at his side. The man sat on the ground looking at you in pain. He had no words, and neither did you, you just sat there, crying, silently cussing him out for even trying to lay a hand on you.

The beating stopped and two strong, slim arms gently lifted you up. The gentleness in his touches were a sharp contrast from the beating he had just delivered.

"Connor..." Your soft maroon eyes traveled up his chest and to his gentle face that held an air of worry.

"Why didn't you just call me? I would have come back.." He sounded so disappointed and worried, it was like being stabbed in the heart hearing his tone. Sirens of police cars were heard, that were actually pretty close. To think this guy would try anything so close to the actual police station.

"I tried... I tried to ask Elijah but he was so stubborn, saying you were too busy... That you wouldn't have time.." You look back down at his chest as your soft voice slowly died to a whisper, trembling now. Three police cars pulled up to the scene, two officers stepping out of each car, only one of them were an android. The android immediately stepped over to you while the others dealt with the molester.

"Hello. I'm here to collect a report of what happened." It felt like there was no real tone to his words, as though they were everyday things he had to recite.

"Oh.. Of course." You held your hand out to him, and he took your arm, easily collecting the memory he needed. Without giving any sort of farewell, the android left and sat back in the police cruiser.

Turning your attention back to Connor, you were met with his still worried gaze. His hand swiftly moved up to your hair, moving a few strands away from your face.

"I'm sorry... I know I should have called you... I.." your soft pleading voice was cut short when Connor's hand moved to embrace your own, becoming white against your silicon (S/c) skin. We was attempting to access your thoughts. So, you let him in. What you were met with was an overload of concern, appreciation, admiration, and relief. His soft chocolate brown eyes closed as his forehead fell to rest on yours. Your eyes began to glow a bright pink as a yellow wring circled around the iris. This felt.. New. Incredibly delightful, alien but pleasant, lovely, warm. Warm. Despite being surrounded by a light drizzle and 50 degree temperatures, you felt warm and safe. And it was odd because you only had at most two contact points with the detective android.

Falling into the blissful trance, you began to listen as words flowed into your processors, words that Connor wished he could vocalize, but couldn't.

/You're so unique.. So precious.. So new to the cruel world, I admire your talent, I admire your software, I admire your mind,

I admire your humanity.../

Your trance was broken when his actual voice broke your serine silence.

"A romance is not ideal for my purpose... It would serve as an obstacle. But... I can't stay away from you. Not again."

o.0.o

It's a funny thing, how android work. Because they're not human, but they're very similar in multiple way, but very different in one.

An android could form bonds in minutes, perhaps hours based on first impressions. They don't require any sort of awkward social interactions, or slowly getting to know a person over years. If course, those rules may apply if it were an android/human situation, but androids with other android just know. Like a shark knows its paths through the big blue oceans. Or how birds know to migrate between seasons. It's in their systems.

And just like bonds, romances between two android could happen with in days.

The lights of Kamski's beautifully expensive car shined bright against two duo as the scarf around your neck fluttered gently against the soft downpour.

The androids would have to spend some time together, perhaps getting to know each other either verbally or through interfacing. It all depends on the two's comfort level.

Your feet left the ground as your now lover lifted you, taking you into a tight embrace. Elijah steps out of his car, leaving the lights on.

Once they gather what both recipients deem as acceptable data, they decide whether to form a strong romantic bond, or to remain acquaintances. If the bond is strong..

Your (H/l), soft (H/c) Hair gently tickled Connor's face as he moved closer.
Elijah leans on his car as he watches, a look of disdain on his face.

They two may seal the bond, holding it strong until death due them part.

Your feet gently touches the ground as your face nears Connor's, his brown eyes closing as his soft lips meat yours. You two join as your form a bond.

With a kiss.