10 | CLOSING REMARKS

I'd joked on Twitter that I had no authority to be writing about writing, and while I really do believe that, I still hope you learned a thing or two from this book

     I'd joked on Twitter that I had no authority to be writing about writing, and while I really do believe that, I still hope you learned a thing or two from this book. Writing is a gratifying craft; it's lonely and arduous but by the end of it, you come out a changed person. It's a leap of faith to dedicate yourself to any work, not knowing how it'll turn out, but we do it anyway because we love it, because there is something within us that is satisfied by it. I've learned so much about myself and the world around me because of writing, and I continue to learn the more I write. I wish the same for you.

     I wasn't able to touch on every little thing that I've learned about writing, because much of the quotes and advice given to me have blended together to form my own work ethic and writing style to the point where it's hard to distinguish one from the other. I also deliberately left some things out so that you may discover them yourself, because there is magic in discovering something on your own. 

     Think of my words—or anyone else's advice, really—as bread crumbs; follow the trail long enough and you might end up somewhere big and beautiful or maybe even scary, but it'll be new and exciting and you'll be thankful for it in the end.

     I guess I'll take the time now to thank everyone who has ever supported me, taught me, and/or helped me with my writing in any way. Every little experience I've had has shaped me into the writer I am today and if anything I went through changed even in the slightest, then I might not even have turned out to be a writer. So thank you. I am eternally grateful for you.

     I wish you the best of luck, and may the gods of writing be ever in your favor.