The one that got away (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)

Chapter 1:  The Lone Vigilante

"Gitto? Hey,Giotto!"

Giotto snapped from his thoughts,glancing back at G with a smile. "Forgive me G,I got lost in my thoughts."Giotto muttered. The two friends walked across the small town,doing their weekly routine. The Vongola Family,the vigilante group had only been formed around half a year from this time ago. They had limited members,but they were growing rather fast. But until they could get more members and allies they still had to look out for thugs and enemies that would threathen their friends and the town's people.

"Good morning,Giotto,G!"A shop owner waved at them smiling as he settled down some produces on the stand.

"Good morning,Tullio! How has it been?"Giotto smiled as he and G walked over to him.

"I've been good. One of your men helped me and my wife out from some trouble makers actually,so I have to thank you for that. I didn't know you had kick-ass kids in your group."Tullio chirped. Giotto and G glanced at eachother.

"Kids?"G asked.

"We don't have children,even if we did I wouldn't really make them part of the group due to the danger...can you explain to us what happened?"Giotto asked.

"Er sure. Well I was returning home later than usual with my wife after doing inventory and closing up shop when we got intercepted by some men in dark cloaks. And then..."Tullio muttered as he explained his story.

~Flashback~

Tullio gripped his hands as fists,glaring at the two men infront of him as he stood infront of his wife. He wasn't one to fight,he was only a merchant. It was dark,only moonlight shinning down on the street,but enough to make the knife in the thug's hands gleam brightly.

"Just give us the money and the key to the shop and no one gets hurt."The first thug said.

"Or you could just let us have some fun with your wife~ She does seem like a lovely gal!"The second thug mentioned with a sly smile. Tullio could feel his heart ache as his wife gripped tightly on his shirt from behind.

"Just stay behind me..."He muttered. He was ready to die protecting her at all cost. One of the thugs suddenly and quickly grabbed Tullio by the shirt and slammed him against the floor,standing above him. The other thug quickly grabbed his wife,who let out a shriek cut short as she felt the sharp knife on her throat.

"Make another noise and I'll cut your tongue out!"The second thug threathened.

"Let her go!"Tullio yelled as the first thug threw a harsh punch on Tullio's face,drawing blood. Before the second thug could do much there was the sound of running footsteps echoing across the silent alley. Suddenly a small figure jumped from the wall above down onto the second thug,quickly grabbing the thug's hand and fighting for the knife. The thug let go of the wife and growled struggling with the small figure who had latched onto him.

"Who the hell?! Let go!!"The second thug yelled. The small figure was pulled off and onto its feet,but as the thug wrapped his hands around the figure the figure bit down hard on the hand,drawing blood. The thug yelled in pain as he dropped the knife and the figure. The figure quickly grabbed the wife and ran past the other thug and stood infront of her. The figure seemed five feet and a few inches tall. As the clouds shifted away from the moon green eyes could be seem gleaming from the figure. As the second thug held his bleeding hand,the first one stood up while holding Tullio by the neck.

"Who the hell do you think you are?!"The first thug asked as he kept his grip tight. The figure quickly raised his hands.

"Easy there. I'm just here to offer a fair trade."The young figure said. It was small raspy tone. A young boy it seemed. The boy took out a sack and waved it infront of him,the sound of metal echoing from it. "Let the poor merchant go,he's not worth so much trouble. Here,you can have these."The young boy said as he reahced into the sack and pulled out a gleaming gold coin. The thug's attention was quickly turned to the gold coin in hand,used to the sight of silver or bronze from merchants and other people they would jump on. "Please let him go,you can take my entire paycheck."The young boy smiled. The thugs glanced at eachother for a moment. Tullio was thrown to the ground,and his wife quickly helped him up. Before he could say anything the young man gave a sort of worried expression. "You two better get running~"The young man said as he handed over the sack to the thugs and backed away along with the couple. The thugs opened the sack and poured it out. The sack was nothing but full of rocks and nails.

"Nails?!"One of the thugs asked. The one with the bloody hand's face turned as red as the blood that covered his hand.

"You son of a b*tch!"They yelled as they dropped the sack and started to run at the young man.

"RUN FOR IT!"The young man said as he opened a small can. He opened the lid and released it's contents: marbles! Dozens and dozens of marbles rolled on the floor infront of him as they slid under the thug's shoes,making them slip and fall and have a struggle standing up with the small marbles spread everywhere. "RUN DON'T LOOK BACK!"The young man yelled. Tullio and his wife hurried back to the safety of their home. But when they looked back,it seemed that the young man had taken another route,and the thugs were long gone.

~End of Flashback~

"...and that was it. We seriously thought that he was with you guys. Regardless I'm very glad he was there,though I didn't got a chance to say thank you..."Tullio explained. Giotto and G stared stunned. It was the first time they have heard of this 'lone vigilante'.

"This is a first..."G muttered.

"Can you repeat us how he looked like?"Giotto asked. Tullio looked to the side in thought.

"From what I can remember he had bright green eyes and was wearing a hat,long sleeve button short,some suspenders and long pants."Tullio said. "Oh!"Tullio smiled. "And a detail my wife told me this morning,the man had orange hair."Tullio smiled. G and Giotto glanced at eachother.

"Thanks for sharing the story with us,Tullio. We'll leave you with your stand."Giotto smiled as he waved and walked away.

"Have a nice day!"G smiled as he followed Giotto.

"By guys!"Tullio waved.

Giotto and G then gave a curious look at eachother.

"What do you make of this,vigilante?"G asked.

"He saved Tullio and his wife,so his intentions seem good."Giotto muttered.

"Do you want me to ask around about this?"G asked as he stopped walking.

"Yes actually,if you could. This vigilante...I would like to know who he's working for."Giotto smiled. G nodded and walked off. Giotto returned to the mansion to get ready,he had a party to attend to.