Seeing him in action

Chapter 2:  Seeing him in action

By evening Giotto was at the party with his family members. The alchohol was flowing,the topics varied in conversation,many people of power everywhere. This was the perfect chance to gain allies,and it wasn't hard to fall for Giotto's charm. G walked up right next to Giotto,who held a drink in his hand casualy.

"You're here,any information you could pick up?"Giotto asked as he walked with G.

"Not much on the vigilante. However...there has been a masked person breaking into people's homes. Specifically from this community."G muttered. Giotto glanced up,surprised. Soon enough Lampo rested his arm on G's shoulder as he walked into the conversation.

"A vigilante and now a thief? Nya,think that they're related?"Lampo asked.

"They must be. It is too much of coincidence for these two to appear at the same time. Do you know what the thief has stolen?"Giotto asked. G sighed.

"That's the weird part. Though it has stolen some money...it's mostly stolen food and medicine. That's it."G said. Lampo tilted his head.

"Who would break into a house to steal food? I understand medicine I think...but food?"Lampo muttered confused.

"That is indeed...a strange thief."Giotto admitted. It was a first that a thief has gotten into the house of the rich to steal food.

"Regardless they're related. A thief that steals food and a vigilante that hands it over to the poor. I don't know what to make of it though."G muttered. Giotto smiled a bit.

"Indeed...it's as if it is in between the boundary of good and bad."Giotto said.

"Gah,"G complained. "I'm going to get some punch."G said as he turned to leave for the refreshment table,when suddenly-SMACK! Someone had been walking rather rapidly,and without the two noticing G and the person bumped into eachother,the other person falling back as G managed to keep his balance. "Hey,watch where you're going!"G hissed as he rubbed his arm slightly. He looked down to see someone rubbing their forehead,their face covered by the brim of the hat he was wearing.

"F*ck,you watch where you're going!"The person said as he waved his fist at G. Giotto gave Lampo his drink and offered his hand to the boy on the floor. The boy stared before taking Giotto's hand and being helped to stand up.

"Forgive G,he lacks manners when he's grumpy."Giotto said,receiving a whine from G not long after. The young man patted any dirt off his pants.

"Whatever."The young man said as he glanced up. Giotto's eyes widened slightly along with G's. The green eyes,orange hair,and the clothing,it was exactly what Tullio had described as the vigilante. The vigilante only was known physically by the other side of the community,the hard working class constantly being harassed by thugs. The high-class had only heard rumors,so it was no surprise how he hadn't been stopped before. He seemed like a young man,maybe around 17 years of age. He had soft yet defining features. He seemed like he could be the son of any aristrocrat.

"(This is him. It has to be.)"Giotto thought as he glanced at G,who had the same expression on his face. The young teen's eyes shifted suspiciously at them.

"Well then,if you excuse me..."The young man said as he walked past Giotto and the group.

"Hold on,what's your name?"G asked. The young man looked back at G,only to give him the middle finger.

"F*ck off,old man!"The young man said before walking away and out of sight. G felt his blood boil.

"Old man...?!"G hissed. Giotto quickly got a hand on G's shoulder.