Chapter 21

So I was wondering if you'd like me to do an instagram account, and post pictures and edits for the story, and inform you of the upcoming updates! What do you think?

Please this is important, so tell me your opinion on this :)

Dedication goes to @Monika0258 , thanks for the long comment! Always let your imagination run wild ;)

Don't forget to vote and comment please <3

----------------------------------------------------------------

The wind is starting to howl and the idea of a date on the roof suddenly seems inconvenient. Sam is awaiting in the cold for me up there, while I'm standing against the cold brick wall of the library, breathing the same thick air of my black winger.

The grass is starting to make wet crunchy noises under my heels, and I take a deep breath filled with the petrichor of the past few rainy days.

I really wish the darkness isn't covering the sky and bathing me with fret.

I look up into Alex's ice blue eyes and let out the breath I was holding through my nose. He doesn't break me free from his shield, and I remain speechless.

"Wow, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I will get to talk, and you won't defy me." He chuckles and steps a bit back.

His black chemise is opened at his chest and he's standing in the middle of the coldness, baring his skin, indifferently. I look at his defined muscles, bright under the moonlight. But when I move my gaze to his eyes, they have a shade of darkness and chains.

I have seen these chains before. They are keeping him from telling me something.

"You know something Jules?" He pinches his nose and steps a little bit closer, until the distance decreases, and it lets me smell whiskey from his breaths.

I remain silent, only listening.

"You're a smart winger," He taps with his index on the side of his brain. "You always save the day. You've had the power to scare away demons."

I remember that day. Alex was there too, and he had these demons haunting him, and taunting him about a past he wouldn't share with me. They said something about his mission; how he failed to save her. I still wonder what happened to this girl until this day.

"Why are you starting to make bad choices?" He drifts his sharp look to the roof of the school building then back at me, as if he's sending me an indirect message about my wrong choice to be with Sam, as if my conscious isn't scolding me enough.

I shake my head and refuse to look at him.

He's tapping a sensitive subject that I don't want to talk about, especially with him.

"Hey, look at me." He orders and grabs my chin, forcing me to look back at him. The coldness in the air is pinching me and I faintly start shaking.

I am not sure if it is the weather doing this to me, or Alex's presence.

"Don't you think, there will come a time where he'll find out you're only with him for his sister?" He chuckles and shakes his head.

He's getting on my nerves and I'm fighting so hard not to punch him. If he makes the slightest noise, he will draw an unwanted attention and Sam will know something is happening.

I frown at him and fold my arms.

It's not like he's giving me much choices to react.

"Do you love him?" He frowns and sinks his hand in his jeans' pockets.