Chapter 30

Last chapter is here! Read author's note at the end please.

Dedication goes to: @seriouslylove2read , good comment babe!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A home.

A shelter.

A refuge.

It's a place you find yourself coming back to no matter where life takes you. It's the place where your family is waiting. It doesn't have to be related to you by pure blood, but rather the people who care for you. It's where the people you'd give up your life for dwell.

I didn't have the chance to have a home ever since I turned into a winger. Moving from place to place was just another routine I had to endure in my crazy life.

Until I returned to Heaven Bridge.

This town is where the warmth of a home has found me. It's where Liam and I were finally able to find a home. It's where I have found Max and Delilah who unintentionally broke into my life. And I was more than happy for that.

They have become the people I relied on to feel human again. They were the people who reminded me of my past life. And day after day, I fell in love with their company.

This town is where I finally had the chance to meet Sam. And it all developed into something I never expected to be born. He had made me appreciate being alive. Whenever I remember his smile, a tear slips.

And look where he ended up, a puppet under the control of one of the most vicious creatures alive.

Flashes of all the moments I was able to stare at his beauty creep back into me, from the moment we officially met in the classroom, to the second I had to watch them move him back to his house with an injured leg.

And poor Elisabeth.

Elisabeth Jones, the woman who gave up her freedom ever since she became a mother. The moment I crawled back into her life, she had lost her memory, her lover and her son.

I have been nothing but a pestilence thrown in their life. And I didn't even get the chance to complete the task behind my return.

Now I get to leave stripped from my freedom, my family and my home, only to turn into something I have always despised.

I stare into the empty road at the end of Heaven Bridge and inhale the cold air. My eyes have dried up for all the tears have been already shed.

I will miss you, I speak to my hometown.

I will miss staring at the sky and going on roof dates. I will miss waking up at home to see Liam making me coffee. I will miss secretly visiting Sam. I will miss helping Max get over his drugs problems. I will miss hanging out with Delilah and listening to her crazy gossip stories.

I will miss all of that without an exception.

The fact that I am leaving Heaven Bridge forever is shocking and almost unreal to me.

Sacrificing my life would be much of a clemency than to sacrifice my freedom. But no matter what happens I won't get Sam or Liam out of my mind. And I'll come back for them even if it took me years to do so.

"Are you ready to leave?" Alex asks me closing the trunk of his car.

He picked up my luggage from the sheriff's office after the taxi driver dropped them off. I l clear my throat before I suggest something he will totally disagree on.