00:06

Another day of rain, Taehyung borrowed his sister's pink umbrella since he was already nearby her school. His sister didn't mind since she was able to share an umbrella with her friend.

Like any other day, Taehyung trudges through the sea of umbrellas shielding people and made his way to the cafe he knew best. Taehyung had ended up at an intersection while the traffic lights glowed blushingly against the gloomy sky. The glowing red reminded him of that night with the boy with bright converse, skin as pale as the snow around him who shivered like a stray puppy. His heart stung with guilt and as soon as the lights turned green, Taehyung found a reason to forget.

Taehyung distracted himself by observing around him. Glancing at people's shoes, wondering where fashionable people shopped at, and by the time he reached an alleyway, he wondered why he had met the crimson red shoes once more.

This time, Taehyung knew he could not run away. His guilt would eat him alive. Taehyung walked towards the boy who most likely had no strength to even bother bringing his eyes up to meet the man with the bright pink umbrella. It was inevitable, Taehyung thought. This has to be a sign.

His arms reached out, raindrops now flooding on top of Taehyung's shoulders, the umbrella now shielding the boy with the red shoes. It was then he looked up.

"You must be hungry," Taehyung assumed, looking at his shivering body with little amount of clothes that glued themselves onto his body. Kneeling down, he met eye to eye with the boy. "This might not be much but it's something," Taehyung murmured, reaching into his bag for the bag of cookies he brought in hopes to snack on for his work. "If that won't satisfy you, take this umbrella too."

The boy did not say a word. Nor did he take the cookies. "It's fine to eat them. Usually you shouldn't take anything from a stranger but there's nothing in those cookies besides the ingredients," Taehyung chuckled a little, trying to hide his embarrassment. No reaction. Taehyung sighed and stood up. He patted his knees of the dirt from the wet ground and gently placed the bag of cookies besides the boy.

And so, Taehyung left. Wet and umbrellaless.