XVII

It was day two of moving the camp to Dras Leona, and we were waiting.... again. (I swear, the organization of that particular war camp was at an all time zero. And the saddest part was, they moved the camp every 4 weeks or so!!!) Eragon was practicing his sword play with Arya again, and I got the tremendous pleasure of sitting on a rock, in the hot noon sun with no shade, and watch them go back and forth. Yeah, Eragon was still losing like nothing else, but at least he was being more cautious. At this point in time, the bordness had finally gotten to me. I'm normally a rather patient person, but my patience had worn thin. I needed to do something!!! I had to have something to focus on and do, or else I was going to loose it!!!

So, when Eragon was taken to the ground and beaten by Arya for the trillionth time, I walked into their sparring circle (which is extremely dangerous because they have long arms and long, sharp swords) and stood there with my arms crossed. I decided not to tell them why I stood like this, just to bug them. They stopped what they were about to do, and stared at me. They had made me a little promise, you see, and they had yet to fulfill it. I expected them to remember it on their own, but obviously they weren't going to. So I had to tell them, which bothers me because it drives me insane when people don't remember their promises and obligations. 

So I just stood there. After about 3 minutes, they gave into the stare down and Eragon said, "What!?!" "You haven't kept your promise yet!" "What promise?" "Ha!!! Typical!! you go off sparring and leave me over there to do nothing!!! Do you even remember the promise you made!!" Okay, I know what you're thinking, wow she is being a bit dramatic. But to tell you the truth, I was just so bored that I wanted to mess with them. So I was acting dramatic and angry to get their attention. It's also more likely that, if you suddenly this way out of nowhere, they will do what you ask. XD

"What did we promise you, Sadie?" asked Arya as if talking to a 6 year old child. I gave her my "really" face and replied, "Please do not talk to me like that!! It makes it sound like I'm stupid or something!!" "Sorry." "It's fine. You promised you'd help me learn how to defend myself so that Evil-Mr.-Ian couldn't get the drop on me again!" 

All Arya and Eragon did was look at each other, and then at me. I already knew they were talking about me through a mental conversation, but I had had enough of those. They were taking an already bored child and was making her angry. NOT COOL!!! I am not nice person when I'm angry!!! "Stop with the mental conversations!!!! I know you're doing them!!! Just because you can do it and I can't doesn't mean you can do it when you don't want me to hear your conversation!!!! I will find out eventually!!!! One way or another!!! If you have something to say to or about me, you can say it out loud so I can hear it too!!!!!" I snapped at them. 

They were shocked that I had suddenly snapped at them like that. Probably because I'm a pretty laid back person, unless I'm annoyed, angry, or in pain. They had 2 of the 3 already, all I needed at this point was to be in pain.... then it would be a real party!! They stared at me with wide eyes, Arya started, "We're sorry. We didn't know................" "We'll speak out loud from now on." Eragon cut in, "You said you wanted help with defense? Then let's start." 

That's when my sudden burst of anger melted into nothingness. Instead I was looked up surprised and asked, "Right now?" "Yes, let us begin," Arya took over. Eragon handed Brisingr to me (his royal blue sword made of bright steel that he made like a few months ago while visiting Ellesmera), it was like holding a 10 pound weight in my hand. It wasn't terrible, so I was like, "Cool." "Alright," Arya said, "I will attack, you defend." "So, I'm guessing no training first?" "This is training."

Arya did her version of slow motion, which is like a normal person's move, and lunged forward. I swung the sword, quickly lost control of the speed of the sword, and the tip of it landed on the ground with my hands on the hilt 6 inches above the ground. It wasn't heavy to hold, but swinging it to block!! That was an entirely different story!!! It was like trying to swing an iron I-beam!!!! After standing up straight again, and only being able to lift the handle above the ground, Arya came down in a slicing motion. I swung the sword and blocked it, but it ended up looking like a see-saw because the tip of the sword ended up on the ground again; just on the other side of me this time.