13

A couple days later

After Jessica's long, boring Valedictorian speech, everyone heads towards the house. The party is in full blow, and I notice a couple wolves here. Bella must have invited them.

"You would be the one to wear pants." Alice says as she approaches me, and she eyes her party happily.

"You know me so well, Alice." I wink before I notice Bella chatting with Jacob. "Nice party, Alice. I'm gonna go socialize."

I emerge into the crowd, and Jessica finds me instantly. She knows I disliked her speech, but she doesn't care. Jessica and I are still friends, as far as we know... We always will be.
--

Every vampire and wolf in the party are all in the den now, plus Bella. I plop down beside Jasper, and cross one leg over the other. I look at Alice, who apparently had a vision- someone's coming for us, towards Forks.

"They'll be here in four days." Alice says, as she aces the floor for a short period of time.

"This could turn into a blood bath." Carlisle replies, looking directly at Alice.

"Who's behind it?" Emmett asks the most obvious question.

"I didn't see anyone I recognized... Maybe one..." Alice says.

"I know his face. He's a local, Riley Biers." Edward says. "He's not behind this."

"Whoever start this is staying out of the action." Alice says with a sigh, she remains standing.

"They must be playing with the blind spots in your visions." Carlisle adds, sitting back a little bit.

"Either way," Jasper speaks up, "the army's coming and there isn't enough of us to protect the town."

"Whoa, hold up." Jacob Black demands, looking a little bit concerned. "What damn army?"

"Newborns, our kind." Carlisle replies.

"What are they after?" Embry Call asks be most important question.

"They were passing around Bella's scent." Alice replies, sending Bella sad eyes. "A res blouse "

"They're after Bella?" Jacob growls. "What the hell does this mean?"

"It means an ugly fight." I reply, causing the wolves to look at me for the first time. "With lives lost."

Jacob continues looking at me, and he nods. "Alright, we're in."

"No, you'll get yourselves killed!" Bella protests, of course. "No way."

"I wasn't asking for permission." Jacob says lowly, ready to protect her.

"Edward?" Bella pleads towards her boyfriend.

"It means more protection for you." Edward tells her, and he look at the wolf.

"Jacob, I believe Sam would agree with an understanding." Carlisle says.

"As long as we get to kill some vampires." Jacob says, rubbing his hands together.

I walk out of the den as soon as those words leave Jacob's mouth, and I bump into Embry Call.

"Oh sorry." He laughs. "I wasn't watching whet I was going."

"No worries, Embry." I say with a sigh. "Enjoy the rest of the party."
Author's Point Of View

Everyone scatters after that mini meeting. Carlisle goes upstairs to the kitchen, and he calls the will known number from La Push, Sam Uley.

In La Push; Sam Uley sees when Jacob Black and Embry Call enter the house, after dropping Quil Altera off. A sigh escapes the wolf alpha's lips before he goes to the kitchen, where his lovely imprint is coming.

"This is Sam." Sam Uley says into the phone, watching as Emily Young cooks away for his pack of always hungry wolves.

"Sam, it's Carlisle." The vampire on the other end says.

Sam holds back the urge to growl, like he does Everytime he spies a Cullen. "What's going on, Carlisle?"

"We need the help of the pack." Carlisle Cullen replies. "An army of newborn vampires is after Bella, and there isn't enough of us to take them on."

Sam sighs, looking at Emily. "Yeah, we will help protect Bella. When does this training start?"

"It will have to start tomorrow." Carlisle responds, causing Sam to sigh. "They'll be here in four days.."

"Alright." Sam replies as Emily wraps herself in his empty arm. "I'll do it, I'll have a pack meeting tonight. I'm ready to meet that hybrid, I've yet to meet her."

Sam really is looking forward to meeting the vampire / human hybrid. According to Jacob and Embry, her name is Logan Santiago. Her mate is a member of the Volturi, and she is Italian.

"Come back to me." Emily says after Sam mention this fight.

"I will, babe." Sam promises. "I'll come back to you."

Logan's Point Of View
The party has ended, and Carlisle just spoke with Sam Uley. He is the alpha of the pack of wolves in La Push. We have yet to meet, but I guess we will now. The alpha over the wolf pack has agreed to laid up with us.

I pour some human blood in a salsa bowl, and grab a bag of chips. Jasper watches as I prep my snack, but he remains silent. We sit there for the rest of the night, in a comfy silence.