Chapter 7

The text from Jongin was constantly plaguing Kyungsoo's mind, and he still had no idea if he should answer it. Jongin probably already knew that he had read it but hadn't answered since he had opened it and it was bound to say that it was read. Kyungsoo just didn't know how to answer it. Should he talk with Jongin like he had wanted? Or should Kyungsoo decline it and come up with some excuse? Then again, this was the perfect opportunity to get closer to Jongin again. And this time, it was Jongin who reached out to Kyungsoo first. This could mean that Jongin wanted to get to know Kyungsoo.

He really hoped he didn't regret this as he opened the message from Jongin and typed up a reply.

That would be very nice. Kyungsoo added a smiley face, but quickly got rid of the message. "No, that doesn't sound right," Kyungsoo grumbled. "And the smiley face makes me look desperate." He typed out another response, but this one was just as bad as the first one. Hey, I got your message. Meeting up sounds great. "That's not right, either," Kyungsoo whined, throwing his phone on his twin bed and burying his face in his pillow. "If I'm replying, then it obviously means that I got his message. I didn't know that messaging could be so hard." His last words were muffled into his pillow before he lifted his head and decided to try one more time. Sure. Whatever time works for you will be fine for me. He quickly sent it before he could change his mind and shut off his phone.

Now all he needed was a response.

Kyungsoo's stomach grumbled, and that was when he remembered that the last thing he had eaten was breakfast, which had been over five hours ago. He needed food.

He dragged himself off of his bed and clambered into the kitchen for something to eat. The condo was empty, which probably meant that Chanyeol was at work and Baekhyun was out grocery shopping, thanks to Chanyeol's fat ass who needed something to eat every few seconds. He was just like Jongin.

Recalling the memories with Jongin had tears brimming Kyungsoo's eyes, but he quickly blinked them away. There was no use crying over this again. He would have to move on, because he couldn't change anything.

A plate of Carbonara sat in the cold fridge when Kyungsoo yanked the door open. A sticky note rested on top of it, and from the writing, he could tell it was Baekhyun. Eat this, you fucker. You're losing too much weight. Yep, it was Baekhyun. Only Baekhyun had a strange way of showing Kyungsoo his affection for him.

Kyungsoo heated up the dish in the microwave and dug in using a fork. He wasn't in the mood to use chopsticks. "Hot!" Kyungsoo screamed when the Carbonara burned the tip of his tongue. He poured himself a cold glass of water to help with his poor burning taste buds before he sat back down and continued to eat, but more cautiously this time.

He had a shift at the coffee shop today at 2:00 in the afternoon, and he couldn't miss it. Kyungsoo checked the time on the microwave. "Oh shit!" He quickly shoved the rest of the Carbonara in his mouth and desperately tried to chew as he ran into the bathroom to wash up.

His hair was sticking up in every direction possible from the amount of times he had rolled around in bed, and he was still wearing his pajamas, having found it too tiring to change since he had thought he had enough time to change after.

After quickly washing up his face, fixing his hair to make it look a bit tamed, and brushing his teeth to make sure that they were clean and his breath didn't smell bad, he left the bathroom to get dressed.

When it came to the clothes that one wore, Kyungsoo's boss was strict. Every worker was permitted to wear a white long sleeve shirt because it made the baristas look neater and cleaner. The pants, however, weren't much of the coffee shop owner's problem. As long as the baristas wore pants that weren't too flashy or ripped, they were good to go.