Chapter 28

Warning: Smut

It was a week after Jongin had proposed to Kyungsoo, and everything just seemed to get better than it had been before. Everyday was the same as the day before, yet it was also an adventure. Kyungsoo didn't know what today would bring, or tomorrow, but if he faced it with Jongin, it was okay. Everything was okay as long as he faced it with Jongin.

Every morning started off the same way, and this morning was no exception. Jongin turned to his side and grinned sleepily over at Kyungsoo, having woken up after Kyungsoo, as usual. "Morning, Soo."

"Morning to you, too," Kyungsoo smiled and patted down the strands of hair at the back of Jongin's head that stuck up.

"Hey, Kyungsoo," Jongin said, "so I wondering, how do you feel about moving back in with me?"

"What?" Well, Kyungsoo hadn't expected that so early in the morning. "You want me to move back?"

Jongin shrugged one shoulder. "I mean, you're here all the time anyway, so it wouldn't make a difference if you moved back in. What do you think?"

Under the covers, Kyungsoo's hand brushed up against Jongin's, and he grasped it and laced their fingers together. He widely grinned up at Jongin. "Okay, then."

There were no words to describe the joy Jongin felt in that moment, because he wanted to squirm around and jump up and down like an excited child, but instead, he settled for tightly squeezing Kyungsoo's hand.

How great would it be to have Kyungsoo living with him again? They were technically already living together since Kyungsoo always slept over, but it just wasn't the same, because his stuff wasn't lying around the condo like it used to when they lived together.

"What are you thinking about?" Kyungsoo asked, tapping Jongin's nose with his own. "You spaced out. What were you thinking about?"

"Just how nice it will be to live with you again," Jongin said, grinning.

The curtains were pulled back, rays of sunshine streaming through. The light shone over Jongin's bare skin. He was glowing under the sparkle of the sun, his skin a bright golden. He looked like an angel that had popped up from in between the lines of a fairy tale—dazzling and just so pretty and radiating power and gentle, loving warmth. He was so ethereal, Kyungsoo found it unbelievable. It was like he was under a spell; he didn't think he could tear his gaze away from Jongin's form. It was as if a light, but very bright halo was surrounding him.

"You're beautiful," Kyungsoo found himself blurting out without thinking.

The faintest blush dusted Jongin's cheek, and Kyungsoo was slightly taken aback because he didn't think he'd ever seen a proper blush on Jongin's cheeks. The first thought that came to Kyungsoo's head was that he looked adorable, glowing and blushing with a smile on his face.

"You're beautiful, too," Jongin replied. "You know, we could be the beautiful couple."

Kyungsoo scoffed. "You're that full of yourself, aren't you?"

"Of course. Who do you think I am?"

And just like that, the spell Kyungsoo was under was broken, and he rolled his eyes. "I take back what I said just now." He pushed himself out of bed and threw on a pair of sweatpants that was lying around the floor.

"What? That I'm beautiful?" Jongin shouted after Kyungsoo as he stepped out of the room. "Soo, you can't just take that back! You can't change your mind that quick!"

Kyungsoo didn't reply.

Jongin felt like whining. Fuck it. He did whine.

"Soo!"