Chapter 16

•Warning• this chapter contains sexual harassment if any of this triggers you I suggest you skip this chapter

Maria's Pov

I don't feel comfortable in my body anymore I just want to run away. People's eyes are burning me and setting me on fire. It's like their eyes are burning off my clothes and judging every flaw and mistake on my body.

I'm a whore now to them. Something they can easily take and easily throw away. I'm not even considered human anymore I'm considered an object to them.

As I attempt to hide my body in the hallway a hand slaps my ass. My body stiffens and can't move. Time has frozen. 

The boy attached to the hand was a someone I've never seen before. Just by looking at him made me petrified. His muscles could easily break bones and his beaded eyes were burning right through me.

"How about you come over tonight baby?"

I try to escape but I can't, time is still frozen and I can't move or talk.

He frowns and grabs my ass as he pulls me closer to him. "We can just skip now."

I try to tell him to stop but he just lifts me up and starts to carry me out. I try to scream for help or move but I can't. I'm frozen.

A familiar girl with braids and dark brown misty eyes storms over to us. "Get your crusty hands off of her!"

"What are you going to do? Pose?" The guy jokes.

She growls and kicks him where it hurts. I hear him groan deeply and fall to his knees. "Would you like to join us? I'm a little bit of a kink too."

Val gags in disgust as she starts punching him in the chest as I start to move and escape his tightened grip that starts to loosen at each swing.

"C'mon don't be like that! I can't hit a girl."

She rolls her eyes as she punches him in the jaw and I hear a crack. "If you ever touch her again I'll end your ass." He nods and limps/runs away.

I stare at Valerie Adams in astonishment. The one who was chosen to be the hottest girl. 

Before I was secretly jealous that she got the nice bright spotlight but I've realized she must have been going through the same thing. Where boys see you as a prize to be won except I didn't need to be won because I'm apparently easy to get.

  I feel weaker to her. She's just so strong, confident and so badass. I can't even tell somehow to stop. 

She gives me this serious look. "Maria you know that was sexual harassment, right? You did not give him consent no matter if you were silent." 

I nod slowly. "I feel weak...and dirty and..." I almost start to cry but I can't in front of her. I feel like she'll judge every inch of my weakness. 

"I know that you feel that way babe but you are beautiful, strong and one of the smartest people I know. This whole list doesn't define you. It doesn't define me either! You've never slept with anyone but even if you did that doesn't make you a slut. Neither do my looks. They don't define who we are it's our heart that does." 

I wrap my arms around Val as we hug in the middle of the parking lot while the faint sound of the bell rings out from an open hallway.