Chapter 1: Walkin' In a Winter Wonderland

AN: Claire is played by Olivia Holt. Everything that happens with her around is in her POV. Everything else is 3rd Person.

"Report to your stations immediately. This is not a drill. We are under attack. We are under attack."

"Shit!" My adoptive father, Tony Stark, says over the comms.

"Language! JARVIS, what's the view from upstairs?" One of my close friends and mentor, Steve Rogers, says. By the way.... my name is Clarissa Diane Stark, but everyone calls me Claire. I'm the newest and youngest member of the Avengers. I turned 17 in February and joined the team after SHIELD fell. My alias is Frostbite due to my powers. But that will come up later.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken." JARVIS's voice replies. That's odd. Loki's scepter has to be here to enhance their technology.

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last." Thor obviously agrees with my thinking.

"At long last is lasting a little long, boys." Nat says as she knocks out a few soldiers.

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise." Clint agrees with her. Shocker. If I didn't know more about Clint, I might think they were dating for how close they are. I'm surprised no one has commented on Steve's reprimand of my father's language.

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language?'" Dad says. Like father, like daughter.

"Well, Dad, you just dealt with it, no?" I reply. My Sokovian accent sticking out like a sore thumb in the conversation. I'm happy the 8 years I have lived in New York haven't changed everything. The accent is the only remnant of my life in Sokovia before I was adopted by Dad. I should probably explain that too. Back when I was 9, my parents were killed in the Sokovian bombings. I was brought to America and adopted by Dad. My life has been pretty crazy since then, especially with learning how to control my powers.

"I know. It just slipped out." Steve sighs as he flips his bike to take out more soldiers. I try to hide my snort at his reply.

Inside the Hydra Base

"Who gave the order to attack?" Baron Von Strucker demands in a harsh voice.

"Herr Strucker, it's the Avengers. They landed in the far woods, the perimeter guard panicked." A soldier responds, his voice filled with panic.

"They have to be after the scepter. Can we hold them?" Strucker questions the soldier.

"They are the Avengers!" The soldier replies, completely terrified.

"Deploy the rest of the tanks." Strucker orders.

"Yes, sir." The soldier obeys, relaying the command.

"Concentrate fire on the weak ones. A hit can make them close ranks. Everything we've accomplished... But we're on the verge of our greatest breakthrough." Strucker says.

"Then let's show them what we've accomplished. Send out the twins." The base's doctor, List, says.

"It's too soon." Strucker replies.

"It's what they signed up for." Dr. List tries to convince Strucker.

"My men can hold them." Strucker insists.

Outside the base

"Sir, the city is taking fire." JARVIS tells Dad.

"Well, we know Strucker's not going to worry about civilian casualties. Send in the Iron Legion." Dad replies. The Iron Legion is a new protocol that Dad came up with after destroying most of his suits for his girlfriend, Pepper. They are a bunch of robots that are used to keep people safe, but they aren't battle ready and are quite easy to destroy.