Chapter 6: You Need to Cool Down

Steve and I landed on the roof of Dr. Cho's research facility. We found the stairs and made our way down to her lab.

"Dr. Cho!" Steve shouted as we ran towards her. Helen was lying on the floor of her lab with a gash on her chest. I put my hands gently on the wound, and my eyes glowed blue. Ice formed over the injury, stopping the blood loss and easing her pain.

"He's uploading himself into the body." Helen told Steve as I healed her.

"Where?" Steve asked her hurriedly.

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark." She said to the two of us. I pulled my hands away from her as the ice completely covered the wound. I pulled out my phone and called for an ambulance.

"First I have to find it." Steve told her.

"Go." She choked out. Steve and I ran out of the lab quickly.

"Did you guys copy that?" I asked Nat and Clint who were on the Quinjet.

"We did." Clint's voice came in over the comms.

"I got a private jet taking off, across town, no manifest. That could be him." Nat said.

"There. It's the truck from the lab. Right above you, Cap, Elsa. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. I got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver." Clint suggested to us. Steve glanced up and grabbed my hand. He sent me a questioning look, and I nodded my head, giving him permission.

"Negative! If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron." Steve said. He pulled me in his arms and jumped on top of the truck. I steadied my feet on the ground, trying to keep my powers from acting up. Steve climbed on the back door of the truck and a blast pushed the door out from under him. He grabbed on to the side, and I pulled him up back on top.

"Well, he's definitely unhappy! I'm gonna try and keep him that way." Steve said to Clint and Nat.

"You're no match for him, Cap, and I don't want Elsa getting hurt." Clint said. I shook my head, and Steve sighed.

"Thanks, Barton." Steve said. Ultron flew to the top of the truck. Steve readied to throw his shield, and my eyes glowed as I prepared to send some icy attacks.

"You know what's in that Cradle? The power to make real change, and that terrifies you." Ultron said to the two of us.

"I wouldn't call it a comfort." Steve said to him. He threw his shield at Ultron, and it bounced back after hitting him.

Steve caught it and ran forward, hitting Ultron with punches and kicks. He used the shield to strengthen his attacks. I sent a small, but powerful, ice blast at a part of Ultron under Steve's arm. He staggered back, ice forming on his side. He sent me a glare and blasted Steve. His shield fell off of the truck, and he was about to go with it. I sent an ice blast, temporarily sticking one of his arms to the side of the truck. The truck began to drive over a large bridge.

That left me pretty much alone with Ultron. I tuned out the comms as I focused on the maniacal bot in front of me. He sent a blast of energy directly at my head, but I ducked and rolled. Coming out of my dodge, I sent another ice blast at him. He stumbled backwards, more ice coating his body.

"You're bothering me, Clarissa." Ultron said, just before blasting me off of the truck. Luckily, I didn't land on the road. However, that just left the water. My eyes glowed blue from hitting the water, but the sudden shock of my air supply cutting off made my vision go black.

Paris, 2012

"Mister Stark, what exactly is the Stark Relief Foundation doing to help clean up New York?"