Happy Birthday

I started smelling burnt toast and waffles, Scott was walking up and down the stairs, Pulling down the attic stairs and dragging stuff to the kitchen. I realized they made the noise so I would get up, so I took my sweet time to put my hair put and fix my bed, brush my teeth and walk down the stairs.

I saw my mom and Scott stand side by side, with the biggest smile I had ever seen, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" She blows a horn and Scott explodes some little popper thing into the air. "Thank you, but you know you two didn't have to do this, even for me?" They let out a sigh, and grabed an orange and the plate of waffles. "We haven't celebrated anything since you came back, we need this after everything that has happend?"

I began eating, "Okay then, lets continue this celebration." They know how much I don't really care for celebration, a nice necklace or clothes would have been nice, but luckly I got food instead. Scott and I had 3 waffles in 6 minutes, "Dear god I'm on my 2 one? Are Werewolfs always hungry these days?" Scott and I looked up from our plates and at our mom, "Hahaha, you guys are siblings!" I continued to eat my food, not pay attention at what she said. Their MY family, not Kate and my dad.

Scott got ready for school & I got ready for work, My mom had already left couple minutes before we were done eating. After I drove Scott to school, Deaton didn't open the Vet. Hospital on time and people waiting, I opened the door with my claws making sure no one saw, an welcomed them in.

It didn't take long for Deaton to come running in and helping me, "There are two dogs that were bitten by a snake, their in the other room right now, and the anti-biotics are in the left hand cabinet." I told Deaton, he looked exhausted.

After the last dog was taken care of, there was one little puppy that had came in by himself, it was a mix between a Golden Lab. and A Poddle. "Hey little buddy? Whatcha doing here all by yourself?" Two black boots stepped in the Vet. they had tanish pants, "He's a gift?" I remember that voice, I look up and it's Deputy Parish. I let out a smile and pick up the puppy. "What's is name?" I said petting his fur.

"I don't know? It's your present?" I looked at Parish and blinked at him 2 times,"I can't tak-" He stopped me before I could finish. "It's a gift from the police department, they knew how much you loved these types of dogs, so they surprised you. Do you like him?" I gave him the biggest hug I could without hurting the little guy. "I'll call him.....Blue." Parish gave me a smile, "I like it."

Parish left and I put Blue in a kennel, "He's a good kid, Jordan. He came here a little while back, I don't know why, but It drew him here?" I was embaressed at the fact that Deaton likes Pari....or should I say Jordan. "He's just a friend that I work with? And plus Blue is a gift from the guys at the station?" I could feel Deaton stare at the back of my head, I didn't want to face him with so I stopped what I was doing.

"I know I'm not your father, but as someone who has seen you grow up, and has tought you most of what you know, I like both of you together, Derek and You I'm okay with. But you have to think about what the man can give to you...A family, a home, Love and support. Derek can give you all of that but has he shown it lately?" I was speechless, Deaton giving me advice?

"Here...This is my birthday gift to you." He handed me a contract, to become a certified Vetanary Doctor? "What! Hah Thank you so much! But how did you do this I wasn't trained?" He sat agains't the counter, "Yes you were, about 4 years ago, that whole 'Work by yourself day' I trained you for this. You might just own this Vet. Hospital one day."

I remembered him talking about that days before I left, If anything happend to him, The Clinic would become mine when I was certified, I would become a owner of a pet hospital. "Thank you so much..This is the best gift anyone has given me, away from breakfast this morning, haha" I huged Deaton and stared at the Certification, me a Doctor? Dr. Savannah McCall. Has a nice ring to it don't you think?