Fireflies

I was running in the woods, looking for Boyd. Scott and Derek left to go look for Cora. I heard laughter, Fireflies were all around me, "In california?" I saw two kids catching them is jars, A girl about 12, and a boy about 9. They ran the oppisite way that I was facing, a large figure with Yellow eyes was running a light speed.

I ran after them, tracing their scent. I decided to try and cut their route to catch them. I saw the girl pull the boy in a green shed. Boyd was circling around it and ever time her saw movement, he would hit the metal wall. Boyd faced the door, I ran to the back and grabed the kids, when I looked back Boyd was running another direction.

I get a call from Derek, "Where are you? Were right behind Cora!" I looked around making sure I wasn't being watched, "I'll find you I just got to drop somethings off." I looked down to the two kids hugging me around my waist.

I found Derek,Scott,and Isaac fighting off Cora, a woman was in her camping tent scared out of her mind. Cora threw all three of the guys to a door, when I saw an opening I took it. I ran as hard as I could and speared her to the tree, I felt some of her bones crack. i got off of her and told the woman to ran and find her girlfriend.

The 4 of us ran to open ground, "We can't fight them alone, there too strong and too fast." I told Derek, Scott was looking around, "Are they going to do that to everyone?" Derek looked at a distance, "Everything and Anyone." I looked at Isaac, "We can't do this by ourselfs....we need help, someone with more expirience than me?" I looked at the full moon, were could they be?

Chris was loading groceries into his Toyota RAV 4. i walked slowly trying not to scared him. He droped one of the bags, the one with a dozen eggs inside, as he picked up the bag and places it in the back of the car, he spins a gun and draws it on me. "Whoa.." I put my hands up to my shoulder as a surrender.

With the gun still pointed at my head, "I don't want to help anyone related to Derek" Chris said and "I don't even know this kid Boyd's last name." I correct him "Boyd is his last name and his first name is Vernon? The 4th." I then ask about the gun that is drawn at me, Chris admits there's still some part of him that wants to shoot me.

I give up, I decide to ask Chris for a ride. I direct him to the site of the murder. As we arrive at the public pool, a grieving mother and father are looking down at a body bag on a gurney. And Chris changes his mind.

In the woods, Chris tells Derek, Isaac and Scott are useless at tracking because they are focusing their energy on suppressing their werewolf side under the full moon. I'm just a couple if feet away from them hoping to get their attention, and bring them to Derek. Chris urges them to instead focus on their sense of smell, that actual wolves can track prey up to a hundred miles per day by scent.

While Chris is explaining this to the boys, I take my dagger out and cut my arm allowing blood to drop onto the leaves at my feet. The boys are watching me do this, they are understanding why I am this way towards the argents, they thought me everything.

"It will be easier to track them with infrared thanks to their higher temperatur." He passes out IR glasses to Isaac and Scott. Derek refuses, his eyes flash red, "I have my own."

Chris explains that underneath the wild impulses, Boyd and Cora are intelligent and that the beasts they've become can tap that suppressed human intelligence making them all the more dangerous and allowing them to mask their scent, cover their tracks and survive.

We set out, Chris asks Derek, "When was the last time You saw Cora?" Derek says "Not in 9 years"

Derek thought Cora died in the fire, Chris asks " Do you have a lock on her scent". Derek shakes his head. He asks Scott how confident he is in his skills, "Most of the time I'm trying not to think about all the things that I can smell."

Chris then explains that werewolves like to tear people apart. "Unlike wolves, who hunt to eat, Boyd and Cora are hunting for the pleasure of the kill, for some primal, apex predatory satisfaction that comes from the ripping of warm bodies to bloody shreds and there is no telling when that desire will be satiated." We take a moment to let that sink in.

We decided that the school basement is going to be where were goin to trap them.

"These are ultrasonic emitters,they put out a burst of high-pitched sound that will drive werewolves in a direction we want them to run." Chris said. All the boys hear the sound, I stand there with no reactionto the emitters, "What about you? It didn't hurt you?" I smiled, "I was trained to block unwanted sound." They all take a emitter and begin planting them, creating a corridor leading to the school.

We team up in groups, Scott and Isaac, Chris by himself, and Derek and I.

In the woods, Peter interupts the plan and explains that Deucalion's plan was for both of us to kill Boyd and Cora. That he wants Us to get rid of our baggage making it easier for Us to join the Alpha Pack."Derek give up the chase" Peter said. He wonders aloud how much damage they can do, "So they off a few homeless people, a drunk stumbling out of a bar too late, so what?"

"Scott can live in his morally superior world of black and white, while Peter, Derek and I live in shades of gray. Then he points out that if We did kill Boyd and Cora, we could always make more werewolves.

At the school, "Hey look those are the same fireflies I saw earlier?" Chris looks a the flies "That species of fireflies are NOT bioluminescent." The fireflies flew away.

The trap is laid at the school but Boyd and Cora take to the roof instead of heading inside the building. "I'll go I'm faster.." Isaac went to chase Boyd and Cora. Scott and Derek ran to the basement, I followed after talking to Chris.

Derek and Scott manage to drive Boyd and Cora down into the boiler room and lock the door trapping them inside. Icame down the stairs in a hurry, Scott sat next to Derek, I put my back against the door, I heard 3 heartbeats, not just two. "Someone else is trapped inside with Boyd And Cora?"

"I'll go in after Ms. Blake. Lock the door behind me..Okay?" I nodded. 'He faces off Boyd and Cora who might tear him to shreds.' When I hear the fighting stop, I open the door, Scott and Isaac are behind me. We see that Derek didn't fight back, he just held them in place so they will focus on him and leave Ms.Blake alone.

Just when it seems they will kill Derek, the sun rises and we find Derek kneeling with Boyd and Cora lying unconscious on the floor. "Take them out while I see to Ms. Blake." Derek said. Bloodied and bruised, Derek walked to the locked door, walks right inside, he extends his hand to the frightened Ms.Blake. Their eyes meet.

Stiles took Scott and I to the morgue to see Heather's body. Stiles explains his theory about all the victims being virgins, the Sheriff finds Emily's body tied by the neck to a tree with her throat cut and the other wounds common to all the victims. Stiles stares the lifeless body, "It's called the Threefold Death.....There using them as human sacrifices."