Chapter 19: Never Thought I'd Do This

Tuesday
21st October 2017

2:17 p.m

Jaliyah Campbell POV

"I can't believe I was gonna be a mother." I sighed and took a sip of my coffee.

"I'm so sorry, Jaliyah." Jalani rubbed my back.

"It's okay. I wasn't ready to become a mother anyway so it really is fine." I bit down on my lip thinking about Cameron and where he possibly could be right now.

"Yeah. The only person who knows why you lost the baby is God. There's always a reason why things happen and maybe you not being ready is probably one." Zuri mentioned.

"Yeah. There's always next time, baby girl." Kyla said feeding her baby boy, Lloyd.

She gave birth just a week ago to a beautiful baby boy. He's so beautiful and he mainly looks like Fabian.

"Have you spoken to him yet?" Brooklyn asked.

"No, not yet." I shook my head.

"You really need to, Jaliyah. You don't want to end up like me." Frankie said.

"I'll try to talk to him but it's not a promise." I sighed.

I haven't spoken to Cameron in quite some time and to be honest, I really want him back. I hate having to be on my own all the time. So today, I'll probably stop by at his house or something later on. As we were wrapping up our little mothers meeting, the cops pulled up in front of the cafe that we were all at.

"Oh shit. Who's getting locked up now?" Frankie shook her head.

Once they were out of the car, they walked inside and walked straight towards our table. My eyes widened and my heart beat began to beat faster by the minute.

"Which one of you is Francesca Simmons?" One of them asked.

"Who's asking?" Zuri raised a brow.

"Are you Francesca?" The woman narrowed her eyes.

"No, I am." Frankie stood up and rolled her eyes.

We watched Frankie get handcuffed and we were all confused to why. Well, except Frankie and I. She was getting arrested for beating River up and I'm guessing that she pressed charges or some dumb ass shit. Weak ass bitch...

"You have the right to remain silent. If you do say anything, what you say can be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to consult with a lawyer and have that lawyer present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you if you so desire." They mentioned.

"Call my mama and tell her to get my brothers lawyer." She said to me and I nodded my head.

I pulled my phone going to call Mrs Simmons just when his name danced across my screen. I hesitated to pick up but I did anyway.

"Hello...?" I sighed.

Cameron Brooks POV