Chapter 1

Disclaimer: Stephanie Meyer owns all of Twilight, but the plot and storyline is mine.
A/n: hey guys I'm back, anyway this story will be written in different povs so I'll tell you who it is at the beginning of the chapter. Also just like my last shifter book, Bella will have an extra part because I think it makes since cause I'm weird like that. Anywho, enjoy this first chapter of True Love!

Esme's POV
"Goodbye Esme, I have an early day at the hospital today. I'll be back before you know it," Carlisle says before he leaves to go to work. I don't know why but for some reason he has been going to work early and staying late. I know he's a doctor, but there are more than just him here at Forks. I feel like he is slipping away, that our mate bond is no longer there. That can't be possible though. Once you're mated it never goes away. What if me and Carlisle aren't actually mates? What if my mate is still out there?

"Esme, what's going on in that head of yours? Your emotions are all over the place," Jasper asked. I should've kept my emotions in check with an empath in the house.

"It's nothing dear, just getting bored being in the house all day. I might go to the grocery store to make it look like we're human later. Do you want anything while I'm out?" There you go Esme, way to make it believable.

"No thank you, but I'm pretty sure Edward needs new sheet music. Ever since he found his singer, he's been holed up in his music room." How come I never realized Edward found his singer? Who are they?

"Okay dear, I think I'm going to head out now. Goodbye!" I called out while going to the car. This thing going on with Carlisle has really affected me. I don't think we're mates, I think he's lying to me and seeing someone else. Why would he stay with me though if he knows we're not mates?

I start the car and drive to the store. I'm getting this weird feeling that something big is about to happen. I shake the feeling off and go into the store and smiling and waving at everyone to keep up the persona that I'm not a monster an I'm human.

Hmm maybe I should go pick up tampons, that's what girls use right? I make my way over to the lady care products and I never realized how many brands there are. Why do humans need so many brands if they all do the same thing?

As I'm about to pick up a random pack, I smell this scent that smells like a mixture of wet rocks and the ocean. It's the most amazing scent I've ever smelt in my whole existence. I look around until I spot her. She has these amazing chocolate brown eyes, with brown hair that reaches a little past the bottom of her shoulder blades. She's just so beautiful.

I see her eyes make contact with mine and I hear her heartbeat skip a beat. She shyly smiles at me and begins to walk towards me. When she reaches me she sticks out her hand and says, "Hello, I'm Isabella Swan but you can call me Bella." Her voice is so husky and sexy, I wouldn't mind listening to it all day.

"Hello Bella, I'm Esme Cullen," I say as I reach out to shake her hand. It's so soft and smooth, but there's this toughness to her fingers and I absolutely love the feeling of her hand in mine. I've never felt like this before, and I never want this feeling to end.

"Such a beautiful name for a beautiful woman," she says while winking. If I had the ability to blush, I definitely would've been as red as a tomato. This girl is going to be the death of me.

"Why thank you Bella, you don't look to bad yourself." Where in the world did that come from?! Her slight chuckling brought me out of my thoughts.

"You're so cute," she whispers. Just then I realized that we were still "shaking" hands. Really we were just holding each other's hand, just not shaking them.

"Would you like to come over to my house Bella? I designed it myself and I would really like for you to see it," I say. I don't know what it is about her, but I never want her to leave. I know we know nothing about each other, that doesn't mean I don't want her over at my house though.

"Sure thing Esme, just let me pay for this real quick." With that Bella starts to walk away and I can't help my eyes for falling down. I think she's swaying her hips on purpose. That's just cruel.

After we pay I lead her over to my car since I found out that she walked here since Charlie, her dad and the police chief, hasn't gotten her a car yet after she moved away from Phoenix to get away from her mother. Her mother seems a little careless if you ask me. As we get in and I start it up, we just ask each other simple questions to get to know each other better. I learned that she loves reading and her favorite color is purple, and she learned that I love designing and that I have a lot of other little hobbies. As I pull into my drive way, it all clicks in my brain why I feel at ease with Bella. Why I never want her to leave and why I felt so bad when she told me about all the stuff she had to do because her mother wouldn't do it. The new girl and the police chiefs daughter, is my mate. What am I going to tell my family? And worse, what am I going to tell Carlisle?

A/n: and that's the end of the first chapter. I know it seems a little confusing, but I am a little rusty at writing and this was mostly just Esme's thoughts. The next chapter should hopefully be better, but anywho I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll try to get another chapter out soon!