0.0

~Caterina~

"Here is all your clothes and books. Hurry, Cat, you'll miss your train!" Emily yells at the ten-year-old girl.

"Good bye mother! I love you! Good bye Luke." I hold his little baby hand. I hurry to grab my things and get into the train.

I sit down and wave to my mother and brother.

A boy comes in and sits next to me. He looks at me and smiles. I smile back and look out the window. The trees zoom by and then a lake comes into view.

I start to get sleepy, I rest my head in my hand, and fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello? Wake up. We are here." The boy in my train car shakes me a bit.

"Oh thank you." I stand up slowly and go to grab my bags from above. He already has them in his hands.

I go to grab them but he interjects.
"I've got them." He walks out.

"Thank you." I whisper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrive to the main hall in Hogwarts. It's decorated with candles floating near the ceiling. Four long rows of tables sit with children eating from delicious bowls of food.

The ceiling itself has the night sky and shooting stars animated in it.

We had to change into our robes for our dinner feast and the ceremony. The boy and I walk together to the front of the hall where all the other first years are.

"I'm Ridge by the way. Ridge Hunter." His Irish accent is very strong.

"I'm Caterina Jones." We shake hands and smile at each other.

A bearded man stands and walks to a podium in front of us. I presume he is the headmaster of Hogwarts.

"That's Dumbledore?" A girl shouts behind me. She has short blonde hair and looks a little too perky at the moment.

"Thank you all for coming tonight. Hogwarts is gaining so many great witches and wizards, by me just looking at you all. Tonight, we feast. Before we get to all the delicious food-" While he continues on, I look to Ridge.

"What are the names of the houses?" He asked in a hushed whisper.
"Gryffindor, the lion one. Ravenclaw, the one with the blue crow. Hufflepuff, the gold. And Slytherin, the green snake." He stares at me.

"What?" I stare back.
"Nothing. I just hope we get into the same house." He grins ear to ear and takes a hold of my hand.

"Let's get started shall we. Professor McGonagallwill read your name and come up to sit here." The headmaster motions to a stool.

An old witches hat rests on the stool.

Professor McGonagall comes to the podium and pulls out some parchment.

"Isle Star." She reads aloud. The perky blonde girl walks up with a skip in her step. She sits down and the professor places the hat on her perfectly combed hair.

"Ah yes! You have lots of thoughts running in one ear and out the other." Giggles sound from all around me.

"I'll put you in Hufflepuff!" The table with hufflepuffs cheer for the newbie.

"Alexander Goode."

"Ravenclaw!"

"Maison Gilbert."

"Griffindor!"

"Lizzy Scorpe."

"Slytherin!"

After what seems like ages, my name is called and Ridge, sadly, has to let go of my hand.

I walk ever so slowly up the marbled steps and sit cautiously on the stool. The hat is placed on my head and starts speaking.

"Caterina Jones, is it?"
"Y-yes."
"Isn't your father Derab Hawkley? The death eater in Azkaban?" Everyone in the hall gasps and starts whispering things to others.

"Your so much like your father. And you look much like your mother. Wasn't she a Gryffindor?"

"Yes." I state calmly. I hope to get Gryffindor so I can finally say I'm not like my father. I don't want to be like him at all. I hate it when people refer to me as his daughter.

He is nothing like a father. All he is is a murderer.

"So you don't want to be like your father? He was a Slytherin. I'm going to put you in Ravenclaw!" I freeze.

My breath is shaky. Ravenclaw house cheers and I trip down the steps and sit at their table.

"Ridge Hunter." He is called after me.

"Oh. Your friends with Caterina. So you really want to be with her in the same house. No, Slytherin is for you!"