~Caterina~

"Hey, Cat? Which bed do you want?" A girl in Ravenclaw, Rebekah Joe, asks. She stands a little close to me, making me uncomfortable.

I step back.

"Can I have the one by the window?"

"Yeah, sure." She smiles and walks downstairs to Ravenclaw's Common Room.

I roll my suitcase next to my bed. The sheets and blankets are nicely made over the comfy, queen sized bed. The canopy has a dark blue silk cloaking the brown dark wood.

"Knock-knock." A short girl shrugs against the door. Her hair is a pastel blue mixed with gray in a short bob.

"Yes?"

"Can I have this bed?" She points her red nail at the bed beside me.

"Ye-yeah. Of course." I smile a little and she blows me off.

Not the smiling type I guess.

~~~~~~

The corridors are quiet and dark. The brilliant moon shines bright through the windows.

I open the bathroom door, before I step in, a hand grabs me.

"Shhh it's just me." My eyes fall into a pool of light chocolate.

Ridge.

"Oh, you startled me." I whisper.

"I'm sorry. I saw you come down here so I followed you."

My brows furrow into a straight line.

"Why?" He holds my hand once again.

"I wanted to see you. And maybe stay up all night on the first night at this amazing school."

I smile and he smiles, too. We stand only inches from each other. We are about the same height so we can stare deeply into each other's eyes.

"I know a place we can go." He pulls me along the corridor.

I stare up in amazement at the beautiful, shining stars.

We come to the Astronomy Tower. The balcony is gated with metal bars that reach up to my chest. I sigh as the brilliant stars gaze above us.

I point my finger to a flying object.

"Look! Ridge, a shooting star!"

<Ridge>

Cat points to a star. A shooting star.

"Look! Ridge, a shooting star!" Her stunning grey eyes burst with excitement.

I turn my body towards her.

"Make a wish." I whisper in her ear. She closes her eyes. She is so peaceful standing there.

Her eyes open and she steps toward me and wraps her arms around my neck. I stand baffled and slowly wrap my arms around her torso.

"Thank you." Her voice is a faint whisper.

"For what?"

"For tonight...and for being my friend." She pulls her self away from me. She smiles.

"Who said we are friends?" I wink and chuckle a bit at her surprised face. She slaps me on the shoulder and turns back to the balcony.

I inch closer to her and rest my hand on hers.

"You're welcome."

<><><><><>

We walk quietly back to the common room. Before we left the Astronomy Tower, the sun began to the blanket the hills in warm sunlight.

"Do you think anyone noticed we were gone?" Caterina seemed nervous. She kept picking at her nails and pulling on her shirt.

"No. It'll be ok." I hold her hand the rest of the way.

We turn down a hall near the bathrooms and I hear voices talking. I stand still in the middle of the hallway.

"Wha-"

"Shhh!" She starts to shake.

"-I just think some new students are a threat to this school. I do assume you have a plan to keep them away from..." They stop. I inched against the wall closer, to see around the corner, but Cat held me back. Her eyes show fear. I put a finger up to my lips, telling her to be cautious.

Footsteps click towards us. We aren't supposed to be out of bed at this hour...or even be together sneaking around. If we are caught, we could be expelled. I look around us for somewhere to hide. I notice a door behind a statue. I pull Cat behind me and whisk the door open and shut it instantly.

I listen through the door, for movement of any kind.

"I'm sure you were just hearing things, Professor."

A moment of silence.

"Yes. As I was saying..." No. They left down the corridor. I wanted to hear the rest of the conversation. It sounded like Professor Snape and Professor Lupin.

We stare at each other for a moment and Caterina peeks through the door. She slowly eases out and pulls me along.

"Well, I'm going to bed. I don't feel like spending detention tonight instead of getting my beauty sleep." She smirks and turns away to leave.

I grab her hand and turn her around. I quickly wrap her in my arms and then leave to the Slytherin common room.