Introduction

A book for a mature audience. It contains mature content and language.

This story is realistically reflective of the era it is set in, and therefore it's a sensitive topic. The reader is cautioned about the delicate nature of the story. It may be too offensive, discriminating, and troubling for some to read. Please keep an open mind, especially towards its main characters. It's not only a reflection of its era, but also a reflection of human nature.

This is a work of fiction. All characters are fictional, with the exception of some well-known historical figures and any other specified characters. The historical events and facts are real, if you have any concerns or questions regarding them, or regarding the story, I would gladly discuss them.

 While I will keep it as historically accurate as the story allows, this book isn't meant to serve as a historical guide nor reflect my point of view, opinions, and thoughts on such a dark time in human history.

Everyone knows about the concentration camps and the genocide, which is only a small side of The Second World War's history, but not many know about the entire story. I cannot attempt to tell it all, but I do hope that with this book and its successors I can some day break the unfair connection that exists between the words Germans and Nazis. Not to try to diminish the events of the past, but to shed light upon the whole truth.

For a look at extra photos of the series and to see photos of the main characters, click the Flickr link in my profile. If you do not wish to see the characters, I recommend you do not click at all.

I appreciate your feedback & thank you for reading.

"All things truly wicked start from innocence."  Ernest Hemingway