Chapter 7

I press my lips to his, hesitantly at first. When I feel his lips slowly move against my own, my heart hammers, the blood rushing behind my ears the only thing I can hear. I press closer to Yoongi, my arms looping around his neck as I kiss him harder. 

My head spins as Yoongi kisses me back, whether from the kiss or the alcohol I'm not sure, though I'd like to think it's from the way that he's kissing me back so enthusiastically. 

He pushes me back gently, my back meeting with the solid wood of my bedroom door, his palms resting against the door on either side of my head, effectively caging me in. Not that I would even think about running, not with the way his lips were locked with my own. 

I grab his shoulders, heat pooling in my stomach at the feeling of the solid muscle beneath the jacket he wore. Since he wore clothes that hung loosely on him, it was easy to forget that underneath it all there was a well toned body. But after tonight, I was sure I'd never forget it again. 

Suddenly the pressure on my lips was gone, and I cry out at the loss of them. I open my eyes slowly, my bottom lip jutting out in a pout as I see Yoongi standing back form me, his chest heaving. 

I reach my arms out to him, beckoning him back to me. "Come back to me, Yoongi."

His hands curl into fists at his sides, his eyes clenching shut. He gives me a small shake of his head. 

I pout, pushing myself off the door. "Why?" I whine, taking a step towards him. He takes a step back, my heart dropping at the movement. "Y-You kissed me back. You can't just take that back!" Tears sting my eyes, my lip starting to tremble, rejection settling itself in the pit of my stomach. 

Yoongi's features twist into a pained grimace, his eyes darting away from me. But he still doesn't come back to me or offer me any kind of explanation. And without another word he turns, all but running to his room, the door slamming shut behind him. 

I watch the dark wood, waiting for him to come back out. To smile at me and tell me he didn't mean it. To just come back to me. 

But as the time ticks away, it becomes apparent that he's not coming back out. 

A single tear breaks free, running down my face. I wipe it away and force the rest back, too tired to actually cry tonight. 

I push my bedroom door open slowly, the darkness of the room before me matching my mood. I close the door behind me, not even clicking on the light before navigating my way to the bed, using the small bit of moonlight streaming in from the window as my only light. 

I kick what I think is a shoe, a curse breaking free from my lips as pain explodes in my foot. "Aw fuck! Stupid fucking- pick up your shit, Jimin!" I shove the object to the side, my foot still throbbing, and continue my way across the room.

Luckily I arrive without any other accidents and I fall face first into the bed, the smell of fabric softener tickling my nose. I crawl higher up in the bed until my face is sinking into my soft pillows.

The darkness settles around me, the only sound that of my shallow breaths. My foot still throbs, but the pain is nothing compared to the embarrassment I feel. 

Why did I kiss him? 

Okay, I know why I kissed him. But why did I actually let myself do it? 

What if I just ruined everything? 

What if he kicks me out?

The thoughts circle around my head, chasing each other in a never ending circle of anxiety. 

I think of Yoongi, wondering what he was doing right now. If he was laying in his bed, just like I am, wondering how he was going to deal with all this. Maybe he was debating how to tell me that I had to move out. 

And then I think of his lips, the way they fit so well with my own. The way he kissed me back just as fervently as I kissed him. 

Laying there in the darkness, only one question still plagued me. 

Why had he run away?