An Unexpected Sleepover

Sam wakes up from a nightmare screaming and freaking out. Colby-because their bedrooms are right next to each other-hears him and wastes no time rushing in and calming Sam down. Sam asks him to stay with him until he falls asleep, and they both end up falling asleep in Sam's bed.
This is going to be #Solby so if you're not into that please proceed to your nearest exit thank you goodbye.
((Assume Kat does not exist in this world that the story takes place in. DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT HATE KAT, NOR DO I HATE SAM AND KAT'S RELATIONSHIP [ACTUALLY I THINK THEY ARE ADORABLE LIKE SERIOUSLY HOW ARE THEY SO CUTE?!] So like pls don't attack me Kay thanks))

Also this is going to be from Colby's POV because why not.

_________________________________________________________________
Colby's POV.
I exhaled quietly as I turned over on my bed, repositioning my arm so that I could see my phone again. It was after 3:00 in the morning, and Sam, Aaron, Jake, and Corey had all gone to bed. I for some unknown reason just couldn't fall asleep. I was just scrolling through Twitter and Instagram when I began to feel my throat getting scratchy. I sat up and reached for my bottle of water on my nightstand, only to find that it was empty. I tossed my phone into my shorts pocket and stood up. Slowly and carefully, I made my way downstairs.

I opened the fridge and grabbed out a cold bottle of water and took a drink. Then I made my way back upstairs. I took note of how creepy the house is at night when no lights are on and everybody is asleep. It definitely didn't help the whole "our house is haunted" argument Corey and Aaron keep making. I shook my head of the ghost thoughts and ventured up the stairs.

Just as I was back in my room and began closing my door, I heard a scream. It was a voice I knew all too well, and I immediately dropped my water and raced out of my room, throwing open the door of the room right across from mine. I switched on the light to find Sam sitting up in his bed, shaking and screaming. My mind froze for a second, taking in the situation. Then, I went into that weird auto-pilot state where I just act on instinct before I think.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey, hey Sammy. Sam? Shh it's okay. It's okay, what happened? Sam? Sam calm down." I spoke clearly and gently, but Sam just kept looking around wildly. I could see that his chest was rising and falling faster and faster as each second passed. Shit, I thought. I needed to calm him down, fast. "Sam, Sam, Sam, Sam look at me. Sam, hey! It's okay. It's okay, Sammy. Look, look I'm right here. You're okay. You're okay, look at me." I tried desperately to get his attention. His eyes were wide with fear, and he was moving backwards away from me. I slowly sat down on the side of his bed. I raised my hands up level with my chest, spreading my fingers far apart. "Sammy, you're safe. I promise. It's okay. Can you hear me?" I lowered my voice. Sam's back hit the wall that his bed was up against, and he let out a small whimper that broke my heart. He was on the verge of crying, and he was sweating and shaking a lot.

I felt so bad for him. This wasn't the first panic attack I'd seen him have. Ever since we were kids, Sam had had Anxiety. He had panic attacks here and there a lot. I still remember his parents and him explaining to me how to handle an attack, what to do, what to say, how to act...It still scares the shit out of me, but I try hard not to let Sam see that. After all, he's the one going through it.

Sam pinched his eyes shut, and I knew the attack was getting worse. "Sammy, can you hear me?" I asked him gently. Sam nodded hesitantly. This was a good sign-he was responding to me. "Good. That's good Sam. You're completely safe. Nothing is happening, nothing is going to hurt you. I'm right here with you, okay?" I explained. Sam nodded again. He opened his eyes slightly and looked up at the ceiling. I could tell that his eyes were filled with tears. Whatever he'd seen or heard had obviously really scared him. "Okay Sam. You're okay. Why don't you try breathing with me?" I suggested. I took a deep, slow breath in, and I let it out even slower. I exaggerated my movements so that Sam could easily pick up on them. He watched me for a minute before trying to take a deep breath himself. "Good. That's really good, Babe." I encouraged. I suddenly remembered the water bottle I had abandoned in my rush to get to Sam. "Keep breathing like that okay? I'll be right back." I said. I started to stand up, but Sam jumped a little. I could tell that leaving him alone would scare him, so I slowly sat back down. "Okay. It's okay. I'm not going anywhere. Let's try breathing again." I told him calmly. I locked eyes with him, and Sam nodded. I took the same deep breath in and let it out again slowly. Sam tried hard to follow my movements, and I continued nodding and encouraging him as best I could.