Kids Are Creepy Part Two! (Dick Grayson x Reader)

Hi! I would like to thank you all so much for being so supportive when commenting on my stories! I just want you guys to know that I do try my hardest to publish stories on time but I do get busy now and then. I am still delighted to take requests though! So please don't let this stop you from requesting. ❤️
———————-———————-———————-———————-———————-———————-———————-———————-———————-———————-
( Y/N) pov
"I love you." He whispers.

I poke Dick's nose and hold him close, brushing a strand of black hair away from his face. He smiles gently and buries his face in the side of my neck.

"You want to watch a movie? Bruce and John shouldn't be here for a little while." Dick mutters.

I stand up and put in the DVD player and join him back on the couch. He eagerly wraps his arms around my waist, once again burying his head in my neck. I trace his lip lightly with the tip of my finger. It pouts slightly, and I have such an urge to bite it, to kiss it, to wrap us up in a quilt and listen to our gentle breathing, watching the cotton ripple like skipping stones and sharing crooked smiles. His lip feels slightly chapped under my feather light touches but I just can't bring myself to give a damn. Just as the first bite of cold wind creeps under my shirt Dick's hand moves around my middle, warm and soft. In seconds his body is moulded to my own, sharing his body heat as easily as he shares his heart.

The movie begins to play but is quickly paused when we hear a knock at the door. Dick and I share an annoyed glance as he gets up and moves toward the door. My body is still recovering from last nights events. The ache is only dull now but that doesn't stop Dick from doing everything for me. He had finally opened up to me about his nightly activities and his fear of losing me but I laughed and reassured him that he would never lose me. As soon as Dad walks in I notice the concern that radiated off him had now turned into relief.

I take in his dishevelled appearance. Leaves and dirt and various other gunk from the forest adorn his unruly mess of blond hair. He looks tired and worn. Blood stained bandages plaster his forehead from the fight before. Cuts and bruises decorate his face. Mud and blood streak his tan trench coat. I don't know what to say. He walks up to me slowly and pulls me closer to him wrapping his arms around me. His embrace is warm, and his arms seem protective when wrapped around me. At this moment I realise how much this had affected Dad.

"How are you holding up?" Dad asks.

"I should be asking you that. You honestly look like shit." I joke.

"Thanks for putting it lightly love." He mutters.

I step away from Dad and greet Mr Wayne with a handshake and a quiet hello as well as an introduction. I had never properly met Mr Wayne due to his busy schedule but I know this wasn't the way Dick and I had planned. Hell, I don't even know why he is here. My curiosity builds like a cat fixated upon its prey with each passing second. I notice Dad's fingers fiddling with an unlit cigarette and how Dick hovers behind me instead of being at my side. Mr Wayne is the only one who seems comfortable right now.

"Do you guys have something to tell me?" I snap.

"Uh well, you might want to sit down for this," Dick informs.

I roll my eyes in annoyance I am so bloody sick of this secretive stuff. My flash of annoyance comes with a bad idea but I do it anyway. This is the only way I'll get the full story, the truth. I guess I am my father's daughter after all.

"Trulb tuo eht hturt won" I mutter under my breath.

"I'm Nightwing and Bruce is Batman. We didn't tell you because we didn't want you to freak out and I wanted to keep you safe." Dick blurts out.

I raise an eyebrow in judgement as Mr Wayne looks at Dick with a glint of amusement in his eyes. Was that it? I mean if they had just given me a little bit more time and I would have guessed it. A giggle escapes my lips and I kiss Dick's cheek to his surprise.

"John Constantine is my father. I'm always going to be in danger, besides I'm a big girl." I pause and glance at Dad "I can look after myself.".

Dick squeezes my hand and grins while Mr Wayne nods and exits my apartment. How did that man raise my boyfriend properly? Dad strides toward us and crosses his arms while staring at Dick.

"You hurt her...I'll damn your soul to hell. Trust me mate, you don't want that to happen." He threatens.

I fight back giggles and lightly push Dad out the door with directions to the nearest bar. I sit on the couch once again. My legs dangled over the edge just like they did when I was small, but now my toes tap the carpeted floor as I sit back and wait for Dick to come and cuddle. No matter what my boyfriend does in the night time I know that I will never not love him.