Ch 1: Late

*photo credit to: Me* Taken in my city.

Chapter 1

A/N: Hi, I'm Kiara and this is "Blue". I'm still figuring all of this out and I would love feedback. If you even think this a decent beginning please vote/comment. I have high hopes for this story. Thank you! -K

Chapter song: "Ocean Avenue" By Yellowcard

🌸      

Okay, so trying to be a responsible adult and signing up for a few classes during the summer might not have been the best idea, but I digress. Nonetheless I haul myself out of my warm bed at 6:45am to meet the frigid air conditioning.

My first class is at 8 so I need to be quick if I want to look at least halfway decent, I would hate to frighten any innocent bystanders with my frizz and morning 'Resting Bitch Face'. Don't get me wrong I'm not a complete grouch, I'm just not really what you would call a "morning person".

I bounce around the bathroom quickly and gather all the necessary supplies for my morning routine. Brushing my teeth and showering quickly I try my hardest to keep as much moisture away from my hair as possible, the last thing I need to is to be late because I had to tame an unexpected Afro.

Exiting the shower I dry myself off and inspect my hair in the mirror and luckily it's fine. A little frizzy but I am still grateful, a few strokes of the flat iron can take care of that. Walking into the bedroom I open a few drawers and tug out my favorite worn in flannel, a grey tank top and black jeans.

I dress lazily and scour my room in search of my purse and car keys, it's 7:30 and I need to go. Of course I find them under the pile of clothes I was wearing yesterday. Running down the stairs I almost take out my Dad in my haste.

"Late for class?" He asks

"Yeah sorry Dad, see you later love you bye"

"Okay and please try not to speed!"

He yells as I run out the door

* * * *

Im about 5 minutes late. I absolutely hate being late, it's just so awkward wen you walk through the door in all of your out-of -breath, nostril-flaring glory. I try to open and close the door as discretely as possible in hopes that nobody's paying attention, but my efforts are shot to hell as the professor calls to me,

"Your name Miss? I need to mark attendance."

"Oh, uh sorry, it's Corinna Devereaux" I stammer.

"Is there any other name you prefer?" He asks kindly.

"Yes, Cori. Thank you."

"All right Cori, please take any seat available."

With my eyes cast downward and most of my face hidden by my hair I take the closest seat to the door. Okay, so that didn't go according to plan but at least my prof. is nice. I sit my bag down next to my chair and realize that I'm still wearing my sun glasses. Slipping them off, I slump down into my seat and try to focus.

Intro to film, This should be fun, I can't believe I actually got a seat in this class, the fun humanities courses always fill up quickly.

Professor what's-his-name talks about what we are to expect from the course and hands us our syllabi and student agreement forms to sign. And of course I don't have a pen. I look up and my eyes focus on a pair of broad shoulders in a denim shirt sitting beneath a beanie clad head of brown hair. This shouldn't be so bad, on a whim I lean forward and tap his shoulder lightly.

"Um hi sorry, but do you have a pen I could use for like two seconds?"

He turns fully in his seat to acknowledge to me, and nods.