Chapter 7- A Confession to myself

"Sheena your phone is ringing" my mum called from the kitchen.

"Ok mum i'm coming" i said running down from my brother's room.

I picked up my mobile phone from my side table. So finally she has called me up.  I answered the call.

"  Hello sheens - how are you ? " she greeted me on the phone.

"  Sorry miss who are you? I don't recognise your voice" i said gruffly to her.

She sighed and then said "Okie i know ,i know i hadn't received you call or messaged you from last one week  but trust me i was too busy to look at my phone."

"  what were you busy with ...raising kids??" i snapped at her.

" Oh come on Sheens! I was at my uncle's house and i was busy with those people" Zainab said in a pleading voice "i'm sorry Sheena"

" 0k fine! Zainab you know i get worried about you! It's just that."

" I know but i'm good ,actually too good I enjoyed a lot at my uncle's home I will tell you the whole thing. Let's meet up! She said in a happy voice.

"  Ohk done, 4 p.m. at Cafe Coffee Day. What's say?" I asked.

" Cool see you then. " she said "goodbye."

"  Byeee" I said and hung up .

Finally i was so relieved that Zainab has returned my calls. I was calling her continuously from 24 hours and she was not responding. Zainab and me are best buddies. We are together from class 5. Zainab's parents died in a car accident when she was only a toddler. From then on words she was brought up by her grandparents. Because of this incident zainab suffers from depression and sometimes she also gets panic attacks. This is the reason why i get so worried about her. She is like a sister to me. And i'm so happy now because i am meeting her after a whole month since our vacations started. I got up  to decide what should i wear this evening. And not after much thought i pulled out a red t-shirt and black jeans. I usually don't give  much thought about my dressing. Then suddenly i am struck with a thought.   Will Arham mind if i go to meet Zainab ?  because he wanted me to be with him for 2 days. Oho  i know he will feel bad. What should i do now? I thought scratching my head.

" Is there any problem?" Arham said entering my room. Then i realised i ball thinking loudly.

"Errr....Arham i want to ask you something. will you mind?" I hesitated.

" No, ask away." He gave me a curious look.

" Actually my friend Zainab called and she wanted to meet up with me today in the evening and i said yes" I told him.

" So " Arham got more confused.

" Soooo ... You know i need to go out for at least 2 hours in the evening and i was wondering about the...... You know.... The two days you asked  me to be with you. I thought you would feel bad" I said looking at the ground and stuttering.

Arham was looking at me curiously and then he started laughing "oh my god just look at yourself..... hahahaha.... sheena i did not say to u that you have to be there with me for 24 hours. My idea was just too spend as much time as i can, with you before leaving" his laughter started to die but he was still chuckling.

"So you will not mind if i go?" I asked nervously while playing with my hands. why am i so nervous.?

"No i will not "  Arham said in an intense and heavy voice as he came to stand near me. He was looking at me intently and all his earlier laughter forgotten.

"But be back as early as you can "he started to leave, but stopped again and turned back and my to my surprise he was grinning. I am so confused why is he so mercurial- keeps on changing his moods all the time.

"AND THIS SHOWS THAT MISS SHEENA CARES FOR ME " he winked at me and left .

I let out a sigh of relief. Why am i getting so fidgety in front of him. I think i have started liking him . Yes i like Arham . Finally i confessed to myself .