Chapter 4: The Project

"I promise, we will head home, after 10 more photos!" Applebloom smiled and took another photo.

Applebloom asked Applejack to do a small photo for her fashion photography class.  I know, weird mixed classes.

So her friend Sweetie Belle and Scootolo made a clothing for me to wear.

It was a plaid shirt with red, baggy pants.  And the shirt was 5x bigger than her, and they made her take off her hat, which she didn't wanna remove.

Applejack, stands infront of Applebloom, arms crossed, with an angry look.

"I promise it gets better.."

"Sweetie belle?  Where ar- Applejack?  Wh-What are you doing with that ridiculous outfit?" Rarity gasped at the monstrosity.

"Thanks sis.." sweetie belle walked over to Rarity.

"You're related to Rarity?" Applebloom looked at Sweetie Belle.

"She's so popular!" Scooter said, "and your.. sweetie belle.."

"Thanks.."

"I wanted to tell you, I'm heading home with Apple jack for a project"

"Which means, we can have a slumber party!" Applebloom looked up at Applejack, she did her signature, puppy eyes.

"Fine, only if you let me out of this outfit.."

"Nah.." Applebloom took another photo.

"APPLE BLOOM I SWEAR" Applejack growled.

"So, where do you live?" Rarity asked Applejack.

Applejack and Rarity we're behind the girls a few feet back.

"I live on an apple farm." Applejack said.

"Really!  I love apples!" Rarity lit up with a smile.

"Yeah.. wasn't my choice but it was my great grandparents, now It's only my brother, Applebloom, and my granny." Applejack said.

"Where's your parents?" Rarity asked.

Applejack stayed silent.  "I don't like to-.. th-they passed away when Applebloom was only a baby.  Car wreck." Applejack looked down at the ground.

"I'm sorry.. I-I didn't mean to.. sorry" Rarity frowned. 

"It's okay.." applejack lifted her head up and smiled.  "Gives me a reason to remember them" Apple jack looked at Rarity.

They and eye contact and gave each other reassuring smiles.

They got to the barn and Rarity and Apple jack headed upstairs towards her room.  They sat on the bed, facing each other, with the pencils and paper and sheet of what they're supposed to do.

It was simple, due to school halfway being over.  Just write about a biology question on the paper.

The two worked all night, they talked and got to know each other

The two were finished in minutes.

"I guess I'll be going.." Rarity looked over at Applejack.

"Wait, lets give each other our numbers, just to keep in touch.." Applejack suggested and the two swapped phone numbers and Rarity headed home. 

When Rarity was out of sight Applejack cheered.

"WooHoo!" Applejack cheered.

"Do you know why she's so happy?" Granny Smith looked at Big Mac.

"Nope"

——