Chapter 1: Oh Boy...

Kristen tapped the edge of his snare nervously, waiting for the new sheet music to get past out.

"Are you kidding me? We have to do All the Lights?" Saige yelled, glaring at the music before she stuck a new reed in her mouth. She recoiled, looking like she swallowed a hornet's nest.

"Tastes like a tree," She sighed, adjusting her neck strap. Angelina frowned, her mellophone hanging in her dark hand comfortably. Alex scurried through the room, looking through cases and under music, distraught.

"Where is it? I can't play without it!" He fret, checking his music sheets and case.

Kristen placed a steady hand on the boy's shoulder.

"Hey, looking for your mouthpiece?" He asked. Alex nodded, worried.

The Director clapped, shutting off all conversions. She cleared her throat, sharing terrible news.

"We must, sadly, share the field."

They shrugged, this was nothing new. Football practice was every other week it seemed!

"So? We share the field with the Fakeballs all the time, how's this bad?" Caroline asked, her cymbals resting by her side.

The Director sighed.

"We must share the field with the Colour Guard."

The Band went silent, which is rare.

All together, they shouted an answer.

"WE HAVE TO WHAT?"

The Director flinched at the outburst.

"Yes, I know. Don't worry! As long as we don't intermix, everything will be fine!" She assured.

Turns out she was way more wrong than they all thought, because in a few short months(3, to be exact), the groups will get into a food fight, someone's instrument will be destroyed and it all began with the Principle thinking the two 'gangs' needed to merge.