Chapter 3: Drama Increases

Kristen sighed.

So far, the two 'gangs' had gotten into a argument on whither or not it should be okay to intermingle. Currently, the answer was 'no', and the principal was bound to hear sooner or later.

Kristen sighed, stepping between Christian, a flagger, and Angelina, a bander. "Girls, rest. You are under a rest and lucky I don't have to tune." He growled, giving Angelina a look. She backed down, head hanging in shame. Christiana snarled at him, snapping.

"Shut it, you banders speak like you own the school!"

"Well, how many awards have you flaggers gotten?" Angelina snapped back. Christina went silent. Angelina nodded. "Exactly my point."

Kristen sighed, rolling his eyes.

"Unless you want the band and the colour guard to be shut down, learn to get along or leave each other alone!" He snapped, glaring at them. Angelina hung her head, muttering a 'yes, sir' while Christina glared at him as she marched away.

Later, while the groups practiced, Marsha whispered something to Vena, who scowled, her face going red.

"My God, Ethan, did you really?" She growled, the anger seeping off her like venom. Ethan blushed, nodding. For some reason, Alex blushed too. Kristen shrugged, but Saige pulled Alex away, returning with a grin and Alex redder than red. Kristen raised an eyebrow.

"Tell you later," Saige replied when he asked her.

Kristen rolled his eyes. The only thing that would make this day better was probably seeing what Alex was blushing about. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw them.

Vena and Ethan, in the locker room, arguing, Alex crammed against a locker, looking slightly disoriented. The band kid's beanie sat lopsided on his head, his hair a mess, like someone ran their fingers through it, a look of fear easy to see in his green eyes. Ethan pushed his body between the two as Vena tried to scratch the boy's eyes out.

The reason alone made him stop.

"You kissed him! A bander! And you fucking French kissed him!" She howled, her brown hair flying wildly. Kristen watched as tears pooled in Alex's eyes, and slid down his feminine features. Ethan growled at Vena, snapping back.

"Maybe this stupid rivalry can finally stop! I like him! Not who he marches with!" Ethan turned to Alex, who buried his face in Ethan's shirt and cried silently while Ethan whispered reassurance into his ear. Vena stared, speechless.

"A flagger liking a bander? Unheard of." She snarled, pulling to two apart, glaring at Alex, who turned on his heels and ran out the locker room wiping his tears. She then turned to Ethan.

"We are the pride and glory of this school, so you better understand that! Flaggers don't go around falling in love with banders, expectantly not banders of the same sex!" Ethan growled, a deep sound in the back of his throat.

Vena rolled her eyes, snapping her fingers. "You're off Colour Guard. Have fun shoving your tongue down his throat." With that, Vena marched out of the locker room, her anger increasing as she left.

Kristen stared, annoyed at Alex for falling in love with a flagger and angry at Vena for acting like that.