Chapter 2: Flying Sticks and Glaring Music

Vena sighed, twirling her flag as she watched her best friend stare at a marching band drummer with an unknown look in her eyes. Marsha Hines giggled, holding a metal thing in her hands.

"Lookie here! I got one of their weird instrument pieces! I wonder what it does..." She held it up to her eye, looking through it. Her concentration was broken when a boy with messy hair knocked over a stand. Marsha laughed, pointing at him.

"Look who can't be near the Colour Guard now, klutz!" She howled with laughter while the band student flushed and set the stand up right. A another boy, this time a dirty blond, stepped forward and helped the first boy.

"Here, Alex. Help Saige with her strap." The boy pointed to a girl with black choppy green-and-silver streaked hair that stopped a little past her shoulders. She was trying to fix her 'strap', the thing that hung around her neck with a saxophone resting at the end. The first boy, Alex, nodded, walking over to help the girl.

The first boy, a fine piece of ass, turned to the Colour Guard.

"Who's the person everyone follows?" He demanded. Vena stepped forward, the others falling behind her. "That," She said, a bit annoyed, "would be me. Who are you?"

"Kristen Jacobs. I take it you are Vena." He said it like it was obvious, not like a question. It made Vena's blood boil. She snarled at him.

"Yes."

"Then stay away from my family."

She rolled her eyes, snapping her fingers. "Colour Guard, we're practicing on the other side of the field. Marsha, give back that stupid metal thing." Marsha sighed, throwing it into the crowd. Alex dove forward.

"My mouthpiece!"

Marsha shrieked. "That's a mouthpiece? Gross!" She practically ran to the other side of the field. Saige glared at a Colour Guard boy that was eying her reed.

"Try it and I'll shove that flag so far down your throat that even cork grease won't get it unstuck!" She growled, the boy backing off. Vena glared at Saige, who returned it. "Come on Ethan," Vena snapped, turning away, "We're not wanted here." Saige barked in laughter.

"Yeah! Because I'm positive some of us banders think that ass is enough to make you wanted! Right, Alex?" She nodged the dark haired boy from before. He blushed fiercely. "Saige!" He groaned, covering his face with his hand. She grinned, teasing him.

"Ya know, that Ethan boy is kinda hot." Angelina decided when the two gangs stopped for lunch. Saige nodded. "Agreed, Alex wants a pizza that ass, don't you?" She snorted when Alex turned the color of a ripe tomato. Angelina rolled her eyes, but joined in on the teasing of Alex Hayes.

Kristen rolled his eyes, biting into his sandwich. His snare drum, his first and favourite instrument for five years, sat untouched by the demons.

The demons themselves continued to practice, the band joining not to long after. Kristen heard Saige and Alex mutter threats to Colour Guard members under their breaths, but they aren't hurting anyone, so he let it slide.