0

We made our way up the stairs and across the hallway, walking towards my little brother's room. "Okay big boy, time to go to sleep," I said while lifting my 6 year old brother up onto his bright blue loft bed. I tucked his small body in before giving him a kiss on the forehead. "Goodnight Noah." I turned around and made my way to the door but before I could leave I heard Noah's voice calling out. "Lilith? Could you read me a bedtime story please?" I turned around with a smile and nodded. "Sure. I'll go search for a book. I'll be right back," I told him before walking out of his bedroom.

I searched the bookshelf in my room, but the only books I could find were school related. After giving up on finding a book, I suddenly remembered the bookshelf in my parents' room. I walked to the room on the other side of the hall and opened the white wooden door. I walked into my parent's room and searched through the bookshelf. "There must be something here........Aha!" My eyes had landed on an old looking book. The words "The mystery of the souls" was engraved on the spine of the book. I quickly read the first page to make sure it was child friendly before walking back to Noah's room.

"I'm back," I said as I walked to Noah's bed. "Yes a bedtime story!" Noah declared happily before flashing a smile, showing off his two missing front teeth. I simply smiled and opened the huge brown book.

"More than a thousand years ago.." I started. "there were villages were people had different colored souls. The color of their soul represented the strength, power and brightness of it.  The strongest souls were represented by the colors of the rainbow; red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. Each color came with its own trait. The people with a red soul were very good at making art, the people with an orange soul had the ability to work exceptionally well with humans and animals, the people with a yellow soul were excellent musicians, the people with a green soul knew exactly how to handle and care for plants, the people with a blue soul were very good at sports and physical activities, and lastly the purple souls were some of the most intelligent people ever," I read.

I quickly glanced up from the book and looked at Noah, who was listening to me attentively. I looked back down at the book and continued reading.

"These people were called Prisma's. Prisma's were very rare since more than half of the people in the village had a black, gray or white soul. Black, grey and white souls were very normal. They didn't have any special trait like Prisma's. The strongest soul you could have if you were not a Prisma, was a white soul, after that a gray soul and the weakest soul someone could have was a black soul. In each village there were also one or two very very very special people...." I paused, making it more dramatic. "These people were called watchers. These people had the strongest soul you could ever imagine. Their soul didn't even have a distinct color, it was iridescent," I read.
"Oh! Did they have a power as well?" Noah asked me curiously. I smiled and continued reading. "Because their soul was so strong, it opened up their third eye, which allowed them to look deep into a person's soul. It also allowed them to get visions. The visions that they'd get protected the villages from harm. Things like natural disasters. Everything was fine in the villages until-" I looked up from the book when I was suddenly interrupted by a loud snore. I quietly chuckled and closed the book. "Sweet dreams Noah,'' I whispered before kissing him on the nose and making my way out of the room, shutting off the light on my way out. I quickly put the book back on the shelf in my parent's room before heading to my own room.