Intro 1 of 2: The Awakening

It was as if she was watching everything in slowmotion. They had already won. She had jumped for joy and had ran towards him in celebration. He was smiling at her as she embraced him.

She had not seen that one of the rival warriors had moved, but she saw as an arrow hit her lover straight to the heart.

His smile was still on his face as she saw his eyes reflect surprised. He had fallem towards her and she had caught him.

Noooooo!

Maggie woke up with a start, clutching at her heart. She could feel tears streaming down her face but she wasn't even surprised anymore.

It was that dream again.

It has always been that dream.

She's been having that dream since her parents died. She didn't know why or how it was connected, but she could still remember the first time she had had that dream. Right after their house burned down, and she was the only one who survived.

She tried to calm herself down. She didn't even know who exactly the people in her dream were. Whenever she was dreaming, she could feel great attachment towards that guy, but when she wakes up, she can't even remember his face.

Who is he? And why am I having these dreams? What does it mean?

"Maggie! Are you up? You're going to be late for school!" Maggie heard her Auntie yell from downstairs.

"I'm up!" She called back, trying to sound as if she wasn't still crying. "I'll be right down!"

Maggie had been living with her Aunt and cousins for 8 years. They took her in after the accident and Maggie was very thankful for it. Her aunt was a single parent of four and only gets income from a sari-sari store in a town in Catanduanes. But still, she took her in and treat her like family, even though her mother was only a distant cousin of hers.

Maggie had stood up and started preparing for school then she went downstairs to have breakfast with her aunt and two younger cousins. The older ones were already married and living with their own families. Kuya Timothy was in Manila where he and his wife works while Ate Gianina was in Naga, since her husband lives there. Sometimes they visit her since it was just one ferry away from them.

After their breakfast, Maggie set off for school with her cousins.

Maggie dropped the two younger girls--twins Gela and Greta, first in their barangay school. Their barangay school only has up to elementary school so Maggie was attending the Public High School instead.

"Bye, Ate." The twins chorused.

"Bye. See you later!" Maggie called out hastily. She was already running a bit late. The twins waved before they entered their school.

Maggie made it to school just before their flag ceromony started. It was a simple life in the island.

It was the same old uneventful day for Maggie right until it was their lunch break.

It was usual for Maggie to eat alone. She didn't have much friends, although she does get along with her classmates. It wasn't that she was a snub or a loner, but she just didn't have much time to hang out with anyone from school.

She usually just studies a lot because she wanted to finish school immediately and with honors so it would be easier for her to get a job when she finally can, and she'd be able to help out her aunt. After classes she just immediately goes to fetch the twins and then go straight home so she can help out in the sari-sari store or else do some tutoring for some of their neighbors for extra income.