Intro 2 of 2: Written In The Stars

She was in the sitting down a rock by her favorite river when he arrived. She had felt him wrap his arm around her and kissed the top of her head.

When she had turned to him, he was wearing the smile he saved only for her, and suddenly everything was alright again.

He had always been the only one who can comfort her and calm her down.

She really has fallen for him.

Maggie woke up and felt as if she had had a very good rest. It was a dream about him again. And this time, she can remember his smile. In her mind, his face still seems blurry but she can see his smile. She knew it was the same person as her previous dreams. But it was the first time she had seen that particular sleep. Unknowingly, she started smiling. She was now very curious of him.

She felt a lot more relaxed now and her mind was clearer.

She still was confused, but she was now determined to find out what happened. What she can do. The only thing she could start of was the accident. Thinking back, she didn't know much about it. She never knew how the fire started. But she was just 7 years old then so it wasn't surprising she wasn't told the details. But it was probably in the news. She could start with reading old newspapers in the State University library. She would just have to ask how to go there.

She got ready and then checked her money. She would have to be thrifty. It was fortunate the apartelle's front desk believed she was 18 years old as it was cheap but with her money, she still wouldn't be able to stay there for long.

She first went to the same karinderya and ate rice porridge for breakfast. Then she asked the owner how to get to the university. After she was given directions, she set off at once.

She found the university with no trouble and was directed at once to the library by the guard. Then she set off to work.

It was already around noon when she found the news. She read the small article quickly and sighed.

It wasn't very helpful. The authorities wasn't sure of the source of the fire either, and assumed it was caused by faulty electrical wirings.

But there was a not about her though. It was said that she was found outside the house with burned clothes but otherwise unharmed, not even a scratch.

Just like what happened yesterday. Maybe I really am the reason my mom and dad died.

She tried to find more articles about the incident but failed. By afternoon, she had set off to go back to the apartelle and maybe eat a late lunch.

She wondered what her aunt and cousins were doing. She hoped they weren't looking for her.

Maggie decided to just order a take out and eat in her room. But as she was going up, she saw two little girls--twins. For a moment she imagined it was her cousins. And then she realized.

It wasn't enough that she was away from her loved ones. It just wasn't them who was in danger.

Helen's distorted face flashed in her mind once more.

I'm a danger to everyone.

She tried calming herself. Yesterday she was so angry when it happened. So maybe it was connected to her feelings. She can't lose control of her emotions.

She knew she has to go away. But where would she go? Maybe by the ocean? At least there's water there. But there were still many people living there, fishermen and their families. Mountains would be the same.

And then she remembered, she was in Legazpi.

Maybe I should go close to the Volcano? No one would be living there. And people would know what to do if there's fire. They're already used to Mayon.