Fifty-three

Elaina

A week had passed since Angelo broke Dimitri's nose and I found myself watching Angelo more and more. I did feel some tension between us whether it was sexual or because of what happened I wasn't sure. It as Monday morning and I was in Maja's now clear office doing my work. "Miss. Wright, can you get the Ellis files ready?" Angelo asked. "Yes, sir," I said or more so purred. I gathered the files and walked to his office. I took a breath before I knocked.

"Come in." I heard him say. I stood in the doorway looking at both the Rossi's talk before my eyes drifted over to Angelo. He was eating what looked like a mango. And I couldn't help but stare at some of the juice dripped from his lip. "Elaina!!" Angelo yelled snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yes?" I asked still somewhat dazed. "The files." He said. "Oh," I said laughing nervously. "Here you go," I said. "Thank you." He said. "Anything else?" I asked. "No that'll be all." He said.

I stood a while longer before I nodded and turned for the door. "Mr. Rossi?" I said turning to look at both men. "Yes." They both said. "I meant Angelo," I said. "Yes, Elaina." He said. "I know there's tension between you and Maja and Dimitri, so if you want a different temp. I would understand." I said. "What Maja, Dimitri and I have going on honestly has nothing to do with you. If you can separate your personal from your work life, then you're more than welcome to stay. If not, we can get someone else." He said. "I just wanted to make sure. As long as there's no tension between us I have no problem." I said nodded my head before heading to my office.

Maja

"I can't wait to see what you're having," Arnell said rubbing Nadia's stomach. We had just left Nadia's doctor's office, and everything was going well they were both healthy and that's all I could ask for. I really wanted to be excited but after I leave here I had to go see my uncle. They explained some of the things we were going to be talking about. They were going to ask me about everything that happened to start with Richard. I hadn't thought about that man in a year and I definitely hadn't thought about the things he made me do.

I was so deep into my thoughts I hadn't noticed that Arnell and Nadia had stopped walking until I walked into them. "Maja if this is too much..." No, it's not you or the baby." I said. "Then what's wrong?" Nadia asked. I sighed. "I have to talk to uncle Dre later," I mumbled. "About the case... already?" Arnell asked. "He thinks if they have me it'll show the other women there is nothing to be afraid of, but I'm starting to think they were right," I said. "What? Why?" They asked.

"He going to ask about Richard." I paused. "I've only talked about what happened with one other person and even then, I didn't talk about everything," I said. "Maybe if you get all that hurt off your heart you can fully put Richard and that family behind you," Nadia said.

~

My mom was driving me to my Uncle's office. I was thinking about everything that had led me to this point. I was so lost in my thoughts I hadn't realized we had gotten to Uncle Dre's office. "I'll be out here when you're finished." My mom said. "Actually, can you come in with me?" I asked. "I figure if this going to become public record you should hear it from me first," I said. She looked at me before she nodded her head.

I was sitting across from my uncle and father as my mom sat next to me. "Maja start from the beginning." MY uncle said. I looked at my dad unable on how to begin. "It's okay I told him what I did." He said. "Don't worry about me." He said. I nodded my head.

Angelo

"Something not right with that girl," Damon said. I looked at him confused. "What?" I asked. "Your temp. she's off and she was basically eye raping you. You better watch her cause she looks like the crazy type." He said. I shook my head but after all the shit I had seen and been through I didn't put anything past anyone. "Didn't you hire her though?" I asked. "Yeah, but I didn't know she was crazy." He said. I shook my head laughing.

I was sitting in a meeting with the different department heads and I kept catching Elaina staring at me. "Angelo?" Damon called my name. "The Coke campaign is doing amazing. We have Victoria Secret, Tasty Treats, and Simply Cannabis campaigns coming up over the course of the next few weeks." I said. "Good, Allison what ideas did you come up with for V.S.?" Damon asked. I glanced over at Elaina who quickly looked away. "Angelo you have a phone call," Sophie said poking her head in. "Take notes," I said looking at Elaina. She nodded her head.

"Hello?" I said answering the phone. "Angelo?" I heard. "Maja what's wrong?" I asked. "I'm going over the case with my uncle, but Sami's school called. She's not feeling good and Dimitri isn't answering, and no one can..." "I can pick her up," I said. "Are you sure? If you're busy I can just..." "No, it's fine. I'll get Sami you just finish what you're doing." I told her. "Thank you, baby." She said. "No problem, mama. I'm going to get her now." I said. I hung up and I started gathering my things when there was a knock on my door. Elaina walked in. "Is the meeting over?" I asked. "Yes, sir." She said. "Did I miss anything important?" I asked her as I packed up. "There is a business trip that Mr. Rossi has asked that you join him at the end of next week. He will be sending the details later today." I nodded my head. "Well, I'm leaving for the rest of the day. So, I don't expect you to stay, but feel free if you want." I told her before I was out the door.

I had pulled up to Sami's school and I went in and they directed me to the nurse's office where Sami laid on one of the beds. "Hello, I'm here to pick up Samiya," I said and once Sami heard my voice she lifted her head and immediately came to me. I picked her up and she laid her head on my shoulder. "She came in saying she had a stomachache which led to her throwing up. So, I check her temp and it was 101. You might want to take her to the doctor just to make sure it isn't something serious." The nurse said. I nodded my head as I took Sami's backpack. I sighed Sami out before I took her to my car. Thanks to Maja I had a blanket in my car. I laid Sami down in the back and draped the blanket over her.

~

After leaving Sami's doctor we learned that she had a stomach bug. So, I went to the store and picked some medicine and we were now at my place. All Sami wanted to do was lay on me and sleep and if it made her feel better I let her. I was rubbing her back as she slept when my phone rang. "Hello," I said. "Is she okay?" She asked. "She will be. She just has the stomach flu." I told her. "My baby." She said. "I need to come home. When she's sick she likes to lay on me." I chuckled. "I've learned that," I said. "We're fine. Just finish what you're doing, and we'll be here when you're done." She sighed. "Okay, it should only be another 30 minutes." She explained. "Alright, we'll see you then." "Bye baby," Maja said. "Bye, Mj," I said before we hung up.

Omniscient

Forty-five minutes had passed, and Maja was walking into the front door of her home. She peeked into the living room to see it was empty. She checked the kitchen to see a half-eaten bowl of soup sitting in the soup. She walked into the room she shared with Angelo to see Sami lying on top of Angelo as they laid knocked out. She covered her mouth as a smile graced her face. All Maja could think was how adorable they looked. Angelo felt someone looking at him and when he opened his eyes he saw Maja sitting next to him. "Hey." He said with sleepiness evident in his voice. "How did it go with the case?" Angelo asked her. "Fine," Maja said as she eased her skirt down and climbed into bed.

"What are you thinking?' He asked her. "What'll happen when everyone hears what I've been through?" She said. "You might show other survivors of abuse you can get through it," Angelo said. "No mean my friends and family. How will you all look at me?" She corrected. "Well I already know everything, so I think everyone else will be just. They may want to bring Richard back, so they can kill him themselves but that's it." Angelo said looking up at her. "Angelo, I didn't tell you everything," Maja said with her back to him.

Follow. Like. Comment. Share