Chapter Three

Hmm

C3: Forgotten

It was like the whole world had frozen.

Or Kakashi's world at least.

His luck was no better than Naruto's.

"Kakashi?"

Just like that, he snapped out of his self-induced trance and shook it off with a nonchalant nod that he deemed to fit his current self.

"I remember now." He faltered slightly.

"Oh, you'd forgotten?"

What if something goes wrong or is different? This changes so many things- what if he wasn't prepared? His kid body may not be strong enough yet and he doesn't have a Sharingan to fully perfect the Chidori or he doesn't become the temporary leader of their team during the mission! Or maybe in this time he had some type of illness that he never knew about and is slowly killing him from the inside out right now as we speak?!

But, wait.

Something is different though.

His chakra feels larger than what it was when he was a kid. It feels like he was in the time of when he first got the actual Team 7.

(Hey that's kinda cheating--)

Now he felt a bit more secure, he should be strong enough.

Most of his doubts have been chucked out the window but one clung to the back of his mind.

What if he fails?

As soon as that arose, more came leeching on, afterthoughts. They almost shot down his confidence entirely.

What if you're too slow?

What if one of you die earlier than expected?

What if Naruto isn't even born?

"You okay Kakashi?" He snapped out of his stupor once again. A little shaky on the hands but he will manage.

"Y-yeah.. I just don't feel all that well." He muttered, he wasn't sick, he just doesn't feel right about any of this. He was sick of being alone already, he missed his students, Naruto was the only one who could understand and help him. But the problem was that the boy wasn't here yet, and probably wasn't even thought of yet.

Kakashi turned away, arms crossed and eyes directed toward the ground, avoiding everyone's questioning gaze.

Minato's brow quirked.

Kakashi seemed more open than usual, he talked a bit more than he did the other day, and hasn't gone over any shinobi rules or insulted Obito at all! Except for one time, though playfully!

The boy looked like he had a million thoughts racing through his head. He showed his emotions to him for a few seconds, at least he knows he has them now. It used to scare him at the blank stares his student gave him.

And is it strange to say he has more "geniusness" than usual?

He looks like he has more knowledge than he did before like his dream had made him see things, made him realize something. Like he had the mind of an adult shinobi. The mind of a war veteran who has seen much and finds there is not much fear left for them because they have seen it all.

But something more bothered him.

His posture was relaxed and his eyes didn't hold the rock hard gaze they used to. They seemed more half-lidded and- does he have his arms crossed behind his head?! Now he looked like a lazy person, someone that he would hate to see, hate to turn into.

He reached in one of his pouches and pulled out a kunai. He looked immensely disappointed at what he found and stashed it away. What was he hoping to find?

"Ah, Sensei, what are we doing today?" Obito piped up while staring at the yawning Kakashi who barely paid attention to the conversation.

"O-oh, we are going out to get ramen..!" He paused to think about the real reason behind this. All he wanted to do is see his beloved-

"I get it, you just want to see your redhead girlfriend during work~" Kakashi's teasing voice reached everyone's ears. Just like that Minato's face turned bright red for the second time today.

"N-n-no what a-are you going at Kakashi?!"

"Just admit it Minato-sensei, no one's judging you, I'm sure other sensei's want to see their lovers too." Kakashi shrugged. "I wanted to see Kushina-san as well."

Obito just laughed. "Lover Boy." That made all the kids laugh, except for Kakashi who shook his head, the blonde could see the faint smile on his face the way his eyes expressed it.

Yeah, something seriously changed with Kakashi.

C3 End

Finally, Jeez