Fairytales

-LIA-

The final days of winter seemed to pass by with ever increasing speed until spring arrived and brought April in tow. It was hard to believe that in just mere hours I'd get to stand before God and my family and say 'I do' one last time. This time forever.

I'd read about wedding jitters and cold feet, but the closer the wedding date became, the more confident I became about marrying Jordan. I was ready to be his wife again and eager to officially embark on our life together. He held my heart in the palm of his hands and I held his.

He was the absolute love of my life and our time engaged had only strengthened my love for him. From our fun, family-oriented engagement party to our sexy, private stay in a spa resort with the tickets he'd gifted me for Christmas, I'd gotten to see all of the sides of the man he'd matured into and I'd fallen even more hopelessly in love with him. Just when I thought I couldn't love him more, I'd gaze into his beautiful eyes and prove myself wrong time and time again. I couldn't ask for a better partner in life. He completed me and I felt blessed to call him mine.

"I think you're just going to love how these turned out, Lia."

I dragged my thoughts from my daydreams to land on my bridal boudoir photographer, Jenny.

I'd wanted to create a special gift for Jordan to show him just how special he made me feel, so I had decided to secretly book a "for his eyes only" photoshoot to create a private photo album full of sexy, but classy images of me. During the shoot, Jenny had expertly posed me with my bridal veil and tiara in white lingerie and one of Jordan's dress shirts to create the book. She'd assured me they were beautiful shots, but my self-consciousness had me wondering if I could ever look anything like the example photos I'd seen online.

"You're a natural, the camera loves you," Jenny smiled as she slid the album towards me. To my surprise, the pictures had turned out beautifully and I hoped Jordan would like the gift.

"These are amazing, Jenny," I beamed. "Thank you so much."

"Of course, sweetie," she nodded. "Your hubby will love them."

I grinned and hugged her before handing back the photo album to be wrapped. I adjusted my purse on my arm just as I felt my phone buzz and I pulled it out to take a glimpse.

Clock starts now! Remember, no talking to or seeing Jordan for the next 24 hours!! - Gina

I rolled my eyes and chuckled to myself. My sister had reminded me over and over again that it was bad luck to talk to Jordan for the entire 24 hours until I walked down the aisle. I'd thought the rule was only that he couldn't see me in my dress or it'd be bad luck and I wasn't even sure that applied to a second marriage to the same person, but Gina insisted that it had to be long enough for us to miss each other.

Jordan had agreed to spend the night at Marlene's and I was spending the night at my mom's until the wedding to ensure that we abided by the "rules". Regardless of whether Gina's theory was accurate or not, I did miss Jordan already and I couldn't wait for the time to roll by so that the wedding could begin.

I gently took the now wrapped photo album from Jenny and headed out to my car before driving to my mother's home. Fortunately, Jack had moved out to an apartment of his own so I didn't have to deal with him. Our relationship had become halfway cordial and I had been surprised when he didn't make a fuss when I made it clear I wanted my mother to give me away and not him. He'd simply said he understood.

Once at my mom's, I came in the house to see that things had already begun to be arranged for tomorrow. Dresses and bows were strewn around and my mother was busy on the phone when I came inside and found Maria fixated on the television. I assumed Nate had already gone with Jordan for some guy time.