Part 7

It felt like 6:00 would never come, but when it did, Camila was knocking on Lauren's door in the next fifteen minutes. She welcomed her in and the girls chatted about the usual things as every first house visit goes. It turned out that Lauren's parents were out for the evening, they both worked long hours according to her and wouldn't be back until later that night. Camila asked if she was usually alone at home to which Lauren nodded as if it didn't bother her in the slightest. They talked some more while Lauren suggested they go to her room. Upon entering, Camila was taken aback by how big her room was. It was at least twice the size of her own but just as normal with hints of Lauren's style in it of course. Camila sat on the bed as the taller girl switched on the tv and slumped on the other side of the bed.
"So, how was it dating the school's softball captain?" Lauren asked with a cheeky grin.
Camila smirked. "I can see why you're so popular. I had fun, probably more fun than I've ever had in any of my real relationships."
Lauren cocked her head as she laid against her pillows with her knees pointing towards the ceiling. "Wow, that's a big compliment. Good job me, I guess," she laughed, "how many boyfriends?"
"Just two. They didn't last long though nor did they mean much. I've never had anything steady."
"What about girlfriends?"
Camila gave Lauren a look and softly chuckled. "No, no girlfriends. I may have said yes to our little prank, but I've never experimented with a girl before. What about you? I know you must have a string of exes."

"I've dated a few girls."

"Really?!" It shouldn't have come across as a surprise to Camila , but it did.

"I'm bi. I'm open minded about my sexuality. But same as you, nothing steady. Guess it's just our irony that we had the most fun in a temporary relationship."

Lauren chuckled and Camila weakly smiled; recalling her thoughts about their current relationship. She wanted to be honest with Lauren , but she didn't want to be the only one that was worried about it and be humiliated. But what the hell, she thought. If they weren't going to speak afterwards anymore, then might as well lay it out.
"Can I ask you a question?" Camila tentatively asked, earning her Lauren's attention. "Yeah, sure. What's up?"

"Would you still, like, you know, hang out with me after this all ends?" The words seemed to come out like blocks.
Lauren sat up straighter and almost furrowed her brows as she stared at Camila . "What. You think I'm the type of person who'd just pretend I wouldn't know you anymore?"
Camila gulped. "N-No, w-well, I don't know. We're different, that's all I'm saying. We're part of different crowds."
The explanation only seemed to make Lauren more angry. "Obviously while I was getting to know you, you didn't bother to get to know me. You think I would really do that to you?"

"N-No! It's just-"

"Just what? Why are you asking that?"

Camila had no idea where all this anger was coming from. She wasn't accusing her of anything, but she could sort of understand how doubting her would be upsetting. She felt pressured to say something as Lauren stared her down but no explanation surfaced so she just blurted whatever came out of her mouth. "I-I just...I really like you...and I don't know if you like me enough to...stay."
Immediately after saying that, Camila blushed like a blazing forest fire. Lauren just stared, although her frown had lessened, and then she was saying something. "How's this for an answer?" All of a sudden, Lauren rolled on top of Camila and kissed her deeply, surprising the girl half to death. Lauren's lips were wet and soft as she made out with the brown haired girl, one arm above her head and the other on her shoulder. Camila could hardly breathe - she'd held her breath at the first touch of Lauren's lips - and struggled to understand what the hell was going on. Soon, Camila found she couldn't even move anymore as one of Lauren's legs slipped between her thighs. Finally, Lauren let up; their lips making a plopping sound as they separated. Their breaths were heavy as they stared back at each other in the silence. Camila didn't know what to say, it was as if the tingling wet sensation on her lips left by Lauren had sealed them shut.