C H A P T E R #34

Maya

"Baby? You okay in there? You've been in there for like...2 hours"

I hid the item I held in my hands behind the toilet and wiped my eyes, making sure I looked as fine as possible.

"I'll be out in a minute"

"You're okay though?"

"Yeah I'm fine, i just feel a bit sick"

I listened to make sure Gus had walked away from the door before I made sure to make the call. After double checking he was gone I ran the balcony and pressed the call button, waiting for the only one I could trust to pick up.

"Maya! It's so nice of you to call, how's London? -"

"-Liza I need to -"

"- I've always wanted to go there, it just seems to magical you know? -"

"- Wait, Liza please I just -"

"- Oh and how's peepers? I know he just came back from Paris so -"

"- LIZA! I need to talk to you about something; it's important"

"Okay...what is it?"

"Liza I'm pregnant"

"Really? Oh my god that's amazing! Tell me everything"

"Well like a month ago we...you know and then I started throwing up but i thought it was just dodgy Taco Bell. A test I took this morning told me it wasn't"

"Does Gus know?"

When I turned around to pace (like I always do on the phone) I saw Gus standing there; jaw slightly hanging and eyes wide. Feeling my breathing hitch and my heart jump into my throat, I ended the call without another word.

"You're....really pregnant?"

As I tried to figure what to say, I could see a smile form on his face and a glint in his eyes start to appear. Suddenly all worries disappeared and I began to feel more positive about it; excited almost.

"Yo Guys Whats up?"

Dylan came strolling into the conversation with a look on his face that screamed 'I'm bored help'.

"Can we tell him?"

"Gus you can scream it off the balcony if you want"

Ignoring Dylan completely Gus walked - no - strutted to the balcony with the biggest grin on his face.

"MY GIRLFRIEND'S PREGNANT"

As Dylan almost choked on air, Georgie came bounding out of his room with Goth closely behind him. 

"No fucking way really?"

"Holy fuck Maya!"

It wasn't long before I was crushed in a group hug, all four of them screaming something different but I was too busy crying to care. I was honestly scared about the pregnancy but all the support I've already gotten (even though I've only known for a day) was overwhelming. I can do this.

"Woah, baby are you crying?"

"Maybe....."

"It's okay; I am too"

I looked up and saw even Gus had a few tears rolling down his face, and by a few I meant he was full on silent-sobbing like I was.

"You two are just too darn cute"

"Just you wait goth, that waitress was pretty cute"

"Waitress? What waitress?"

"Goth's got a little crush on the waitress who served us when we had lunch last month"

"Ooooooh when's the date?"

"Well were actually double dating, she's bringing a friend so..."

It took a moment for Dylan and Georgie to realise what Goth was actually asking and when it finally became clear to them, they weren't as keen as I thought they would be.

"Oh. No. No way"

"Not in a million years dude - the girls always end up being ugly"

"What about you Gus?"

"Excuse me but I am a one woman man and a dad to be"

Hearing Gus say those words as he wrapped his arms around my waist really made me realise what would lie ahead. Me and him will have a baby together, he'll be the father of my child...we'll be a family.

//////////////////

Gus

"I can't believe you convinced me to come; I have a girlfriend!"

"I'm not asking you to sleep with the girl, just talk to her. It'll be fun"

"You sure about that?"

"No...but I really like this girl Lisey and I'll totally owe you if you do this for me"

I just rolled my eyes and smiled; it's been a long time since I've seen Goth this smitten. It's honestly cute. Every now and then I catch him smiling into his phone as he texts away to this Lisey girl. She much really be something.

We took a seat in the diner and waited for the two girls (who I didn't know) to arrive; I didn't know what 'my date' looked like or her name. I just hoped she wouldn't be totally disgusted by me. Of course she is, you're disgusting remember? You're pathetic and a low life. Stop acting so surprised when people don't like you.

"Luis?"

Wow...he told her his real name.

"Hey, this is Gus; just know he has a pregnant girlfriend so he's only here because our other friends are being a bunch of babies"

I looked up and found myself staring into a pair of familiar yet distant eyes, I recognised them but I just couldn't remember where I had seen them.

"Gus, this is my friend Emily"

———————————
BONJOUR BITCHES

MAYA'S PREGNANT!!

And if you've read Castles or the prologue then y'all know who Emily is👀. Anyway I feel like my writing sucks so please leave feedback in the comments.

There's gonna be a lot happening in this book soon and I can't wait for it to all kick off; y'all gonna be shook😂

Enjoy my peepers💖