Chapter 20

After Jennifer finished Colin gave her a long stare. He was trying to determine if she really did mean all of those things. How could she have a crush on him? How was this happening? Colin had never seen Jennifer as more than a friend. "Jen I don't know what to say," Colin said honestly. "I know Colin, I get it this is why I resented telling you do so many years," Jennifer said. "Yeah, but I get why you needed to tell me. Ahh this is just-"
"A difficult situation," Jennifer finished his sentence. "I am sorry I didn't stay and talk things out with you earlier. I was just kinda shocked," Colin said. "Yeah, and I didn't tell you in a great way," Jennifer giggled. "It's getting cold and dark. Maybe we can finish this tomorrow," Colin suggested. Jennifer could tell that Colin needed some time to think about all of the things they talked about. "Ok sounds good," Jennifer smiled. Jennifer didn't know if she should just leave or walk with him. "Ok let's walk home," Colin said making the decision for her. However, he said home. Where was home? Did he want her to go to his house.

The walk home wasn't long. "Do you wanna come back to my house?" Jennifer asked. "I umm..." Colin wasn't sure what Jennifer was implying. "Not like... I don't know... we could just hang," Jennifer stuttered. "I am kinda tired. Maybe another day. I will see you tomorrow," Colin started to walk towards his house. "Ok, but we are ok right?" Jennifer asked making sure. "Yeah of course," Colin smiled. Something about Colin's smile made Jennifer doubt that.

When Jennifer got home Lana and Ginny where still at her house. "You took a long time," Ginny said. "Yeah we didn't think you were gonna come home," Lana smiled. "He wasn't at his house so I went to the park and then I saw him sitting on a bench," Jennifer explained. "Did you talk to him?" Ginny asked. "Of corse I did,"  Jennifer said. "And...." Lana said. "He said that him and I were good, but I honestly think that things will be changed forever," Jennifer said. "What do you mean?" Ginny asked confused. "I just... I don't think he is taking this that well," Jennifer said. "Did he say that he didn't like you back?" Lana asked. "No, but it was kinda implied... ahh can we just stop talking about him. We are grown women and we are acting like we are in high school again," Jennifer said. She needed to take her mind off Colin. She thought that telling him would finally give her some peace, but it just made things worse. "Ok while maybe a good night sleep will help. We can go do something fun tomorrow after filming," Ginny suggested. "Yeah, sure. Thank you guys for coming," Jennifer hugged both of them.

Jennifer headed to her room and Ava trailed behind her. She took of her makeup that she had spend a long time doing to impress Colin. The evening had gone no where near how she wanted it to go. The worst part about the whole evening was that she thought she might have just lost her best friend, the person that knew her, and the guy that she loved.

Sorry for the late update and the short chapter. I don't really know where this story is going at the moment. I know how I want to end the book, but I am not sure how I am gonna get there. There might be a few in between sorter sections. Please continue to vote and comment. I love to hear your feedback.