library

ethanica
ethan + veronica

description: ethan meets veronica at the library as they talk and veronica checked out a book and ethan popped a question.

veronica

i was driving to the library to do some homework. i parked right outside the entrance and entered the library with one of the librarians greeting me with a hello as i said it back as well.

i looked around scanning every spot looking for a table to sit until i found one next to a shelf of my favorite genre of books, romance.

i sat down placing my backpack on the table taking out my binder, papers, folders and such. i put my earbuds in and played music so no one would bother me.

minutes passed by as i finished doing my work. i closed my binder and put it back in my backpack. i got up, whipped my backpack on and pushed in my chair as i walk towards the bookshelves, i skimmed my finger across the edge of the books as i found one that caught my eye. found her, my love. that was the title of it. i opened the book to a random page and read:

"she stands there, her book opened. looks up as she sees, her ones eye on the other side of the shelf in the crack where she took the book. he looks at her, she looks at him. at that moment they knew..."

"hey?!" a voice said, i looked up and there it was. a guy. waving his hand at me in the crack where i took my book. i waved back.

"whatchya reading?" he asks as he walked around the bookshelf to come to the other side. i saw his face, his whole body. why did he actually look... attractive?

"oh just a book." i closed it and turned it around and showed him.

"ah i've actually... read that book." he said.

"really?!" i asked.

"yeah, it's really good. you should check it out." he said.

"walk you to check out?" he offered.

"i'd like that." i replied.

we walked to the front desk as the librarian greeted us.

"found what you needed?" she asked.

"yes." i replied.

she scanned the book as she glanced at the title.

"ah found her, my love. it's a great book." she exclaimed placing it on the table.

"scan your card here." she continued as she pointed at the light, i scanned it.

"can i just say that you two are the CUTEST couple!" one of the librarians blurted.

"oh we're no-" i got interrupted.

"thank you." the guy said.

i started at him. he winked at me. i laughed.

"have a wonderful day!" she exclaimed handing me back the book.

we walked out of the library as the sun was about to set. he walked me to my car.

"i never got your name?" i asked.

"ethan." he answered.

"and i've never got your name, beautiful." he asked as i blushed a bit.

"veronica." i replied.

"but everyone calls me roni." i continued.

"just as beautiful as i thought." he said.

"i love hanging out with you, roni." he exclaimed.

"and i loved hanging out with you, ethan." i said back.

"i want to get to know you better." he said.

"are you asking me out?" i asked giggling.

"yeah kind of." he chuckled.

"well what do you say?" he asked.

"i'd love to." i replied.

a/n: haha hey guys! hope you guys had a wonderful christmas or hanukkah or kwanza or whatever holiday that you celebrated. still working on the christmas chapters and i'm also going to publish a new year's chapter in this book so tune in for that. also lmk if you want me to continue this or not. i have lots of chapters coming your way so just keep in touch. 💛

you matter <3