babysitting

ethanica
ethan + veronica

description: veronica is babysitting one of her good friends' kids and ethan asks to help her out.

"there's juice in the fridge, the toy bin is under the tv and there's chicken nuggets and leftover spaghetti if they're hungry." the lady says standing in the frame of her front door as veronica listens.

"oh and the formula is on the counter and there's clean bottles in the dishwasher." she continues.

"bye my babies." she says as she kisses each of her children on the head, her 13 year old, savanna, then 9 year old mia, 5 year old jacob and 1 year old son caleb.

"bye, mommy will be back later but you have auntie veronica with you today!" she says handing veronica caleb as they all sarcastically yay as veronica furrowed her eyebrows.

"bye! good luck!" she wishes as the door shuts.

"well, what do you guys wannna do!?" veronica asks in excitement. they all slowly go back to what they were doing. veronica sighs but then she spots savanna playing on the computer with headphones on.

"whatcha doing?" veronica asked, she took off her black beats headphones and rested it around her neck.

"i'm programming music." she replies in a monotone voice.

"well more like.. beats." she corrects herself.

"wanna listen?" she asks taking off the headphones and handing them to veronica. veronica put on the headphones as the beat was so upbeat and fun.

"that sounds amazing!" veronica exclaimed.

"maybe try... some drums." veronica clicks on the drum picture on the computer as drums were added to the beat combo. savanna loved it and smiled.

"thanks!" savanna exclaimed, for the first time savanna smilied in front of her. veronica smiled back.

veronica walked over to jacob playing with toy truck and cars.

"wanna play?" jacob asks with a big smile on his face looking up at veronica.

"of course i'll play with you! let me just put your brother down." she replies as jacob nods. veronica walked over to the crib and gently puts down caleb as he starts to cry.

"it's okay." veronica says in a soft baby voice putting his pacifier in his mouth as he slowly stopped crying. veronica smiles as her phone rings in her back pocket. it was a facetime from her best friend ethan.

"hey!" veronica excitedly says holding out her phone.

"hey, how's babysitting?" he asks as he lays on his bed with no shirt on.

"it's great! a little help would be amazing but we're doing great." veronica says as she flipped the camera to show all the kids doing their own thing.

"do you want me to come help?" he asks.

"oh you don't have to do that." veronica pleaded.

"no don't worry. i'm going to help you." he implied as he puts a white t-shirt on.

"ethan.." veronica said.