chapter 25

Thomas is the first to head through the doorway, the few of us that remained followed close behind. The entryway took us into a small room with computers and monitors everywhere. It looked as if something happened here. Blood was smeared on some of the control panels and computers were smashed.

I walked over to a computer and looked up at the smashed screen, getting a familiar feeling. I placed my hand on the keyboard as an image flashed through my mind. The boy from my dream, Aris, was sitting at the computer on the other side of it, staring back at me. I'm shook out of my daze when Newt grabs my hand.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said. "I just have this feeling like I've been here before. Like I-" I was cut off when I noticed an older woman with bright blonde hair walk in, smiling. Newt and I moved closer to Thomas and the other gladers.

"Hello," she said. "My name is Ava Paige and I am the leading scientist in finding a cure for the virus that has spread across the world. I know you have a lot of questions, and we will do our best in filling you in on everything." Her smile faded when her eyes landed on me. "Y/N," she said it as if she was surprised. "You're still alive? I thought after what happened, we lost you forever."

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked confused. "What happened?"

"Oh nothing, you're here now," she said. "That's all that really matters."

I opened my mouth to say something but stop as Gally walks in from behind her, holding a gun. He looks like Alby did when he got stung. His eyes were red, and tears were streaming down his face. His clothes were ripped, and I could see where he had gotten stung through his shirt.

"It's your fault," he mumbled loud enough that we could barely hear it. "It's all you fault," he said a little louder. "You're the reason why we were sent to that hell hole!" he was yelling at us now. No not us, Thomas. "I remember seeing you. You were working with them. You stood there, watching them take away our memories, watching them torture us! You were even smiling!" Tears were falling down his face as he yelled at him, raising the gun and pointing it at Thomas. "You have to pay for what you did!" He pulled the trigger and without thinking, I ran and pushed Thomas out of the way, feeling something hit me in my stomach and pain radiating throughout my body. I start to fall backwards as Newt reaches out and catches me in his arms. I don't see what happens to Gally, but I hear Minho tackling him to the ground in anger.

"Y/N," Newt said softly, my head resting in his lap. Tears start to fall from his eyes as I reach up and touch his face.

"It's okay," I mumbled. "Newt, it's okay."

"No, it's not!" he yelled silently. "You can't leave me. You can't. You can't. You can't." He pulls me closer to him and presses a kiss to my forehead. My ears start to ring, and I look down at my hand which is now covered in blood. The pain slowly goes away and it becomes harder for me to breathe.

"Newt," I mumbled, feeling tired. "I love you so much. I was always a failure to them and now I don't feel like one anymore. Thomas is okay so I'm okay."

"But you're not okay," Newt said moving strands of my hair out of my face. "And you're not a failure! We finally made it out! We survived! You can't leave me. Not now! I love you too. So much it hurts." I see Chuck and Teresa crying softly behind Newt. Thomas and Minho kneel beside me, I can see Minho trying his best to fight back tears and Thomas just lets the tears fall.

"I know, and I'm so happy that I got this far with you." I give him a weak smile, barely able to talk now. "Promise me you'll keep Chuck safe," I said looking from Thomas to Minho. "He's only a kid. And you guys be safe too." My eyes start to close, I don't have any strength to keep them open.

"No," Newt said, crying harder.

"I love you all," I whispered as I feel Newt grip me tighter and pulls me closer to his chest.

Before letting darkness take over, I hear Newt whisper, "please, Y/N, please."

*END OF CHAPTER 25*

I'm not exactly sure if that's what happens when people get shot but its fiction so who the hell cares, right?? Epilogue is next. I decided to make a part 2 called 'Digging Deeper' where it's going to be about getting the answers the characters need in my own words and stuff.