four | the beach

"come on, kids! we're leaving!" jin yelled as the four hyungs ran around the house to grab their swimming stuff, with the maknae in namjoon's arms.

they finally lined up in front of their parents, bags in hand. the family left the home and drove to the beach.

namjoon found a spot and set up the chairs, while jin opened the umbrella. the kids unpacked their stuff and started putting on sunscreen. jin turned around and started to help them before putting some on herself.

once the hyungs got ready, they ran off to play.

namjoon followed after them while jin and baby jungkook stayed behind and rested in the shade.

everyone worked together to bury yoongi in sand.

when they were done, namjoon brought the twins to play in the water, but hoseok felt bad, so he stayed next to yoongi, making sandcastles nearby.

yoongi then decided to emerge from the sand and help hoseok make a sandcastle.

suddenly, a kid ran up and kicked it down.

yoongi watched hoseok's face curl up as he started to cry. the hyung stood up angrily and ran after the kid who committed the crime. when he finally caught up to the boy, he tackled him.

"what's your name and why did you do that?"

"it's chanyeol! i'm not afraid of you!"

the kid pushed yoongi off him and stood up, being much taller than him. suddenly, a shorter boy came up behind him and grabbed his ear, yanking him backwards.

another boy, also short, approached yoongi and apologized. "who are you guys?"

"i'm minseok. that's kyungsoo." the boy pointed at the other. "we're sorry about... him." minseok said. yoongi then got a good look at the three boys. the one, kyungsoo, who was hurting chanyeol, was much smaller than chanyeol. much smaller. yoongi wondered,

how does someone that small control someone that big?

he looked at kyungsoo, and got chills up his back. kyungsoo was giving yoongi the creepiest death glare he'd ever seen before.

"w-well, make sure he knows that he made a three year old cry!" and with that, yoongi stormed off.

he saw hoseok sitting with jin and baby jungkook. he shrugged and ran off to namjoon and the twins so he could swim with them as well. namjoon was holding the twins where the water would come in gently, then go back. but yoongi was six, he was the hyung.

so, he ran into the deeper water. he almost drowned, so namjoon had to grab him. when namjoon was doing so, the twins fell over and started to cry.

the exhausted father hauled the three crying kids back to their mother, and as soon as they hugged jin, all of them stopped crying. namjoon sat down and hung his head in defeat. he was tired and wanted to sleep more.

so was jin. she hadn't been sleeping well due to the baby and the twins, while namjoon had to deal with hoseok being afraid of monsters at night.

the parents both fell asleep under the umbrella.

word count: 513