The Judge

His dream was full of fire, the smell of burning wood and plastic. A horrid stench. It stunk up the entire place. He couldn't see anything farther than the fire if he tried all he could see was black.

Then a tall podium arched out of the flaming ground, Blurry was standing behind it. His blurred face was clearly twisted into a menacing smile.

"I'm the judge now." sneered Blurry. Tyler's face twisted in horror as he realized what was happening.

A cackle erupted out of Blurry as Ty ran to the edge of the fire, attempting to escape by spitting, kicking, and hitting the flames.

"Let me go!" yelled Tyler as he turned to face Blurry again. All the beast did was watch and laugh.

"Your soul is freezing, it's quite pathetic." Blurry pointed at Ty with a slender black finger, "But hey, Hell's hot for good reason!"

Ty screamed at Blurry, the dream beginning to fade to white. Tyler woke up with a start, gasping and panting. Looking across the room, the bright light was the sun shining through the window. He rubbed his temple with a couple of fingers then slipped on his black jacket, packing everything, running through the trees again. He recited the dream in his mind, trying to figure out what Blurry was planning. It was going to be big because Blurry had put on such a complex show to hint at it. He wasn't a very motivated character so it would be interesting to know he'd be working on something.

Tyler's pace slowed as he approached. Hauling his backpack over the fence first.

Then pulling his backpack onto one shoulder and walking into the house. His mom was cooking in the kitchen, "You're back." she said absentmindedly.

"Yeah, nice to see you too." retorted Tyler.

His mom sighed, "Sorry...haven't been getting much sleep..."

Tyler tilted his head, "Why?"

"Because you keep leaving..." his mom put some bacon and eggs on the plate, "eat up"

Tyler felt bad now but ignored the feeling, he didn't really care what his mom felt about him.

Which...Tyler would never say to himself or his mom.

"Blurry..." he whispered into the full plate.

"What was that?" she asked.

"Oh, I was just saying that this is delicious!" Ty smiled.

"Aw! Thanks, honey...now when you're done go clean your room okay?"

Ty decided he would clean it for her, she seemed to be going through something that he himself couldn't see.

"Of course."

She stared at him with a surprised expression, "Who are you and what have you done with my son?"

Tyler attempted to laugh, instead, he coughed and stepped away. Blurry was trying to take over, something that could result in catastrophe. The boy stepped into his room and tuned the radio to his favorite station.

"Don't forget about me..." Blurry whispered into his ear, halfway through cleaning.

Tyler jumped, "Dammit! Don't scare me like that!" he turned around, hoping that maybe it was just a trick but there he was. It was much easier to tell what he looked like in real life, he knew he was hallucinating but he couldn't help that. Blurry was taller than Ty by about a couple inches the way Tyler was taller than Josh. He had black ink on his hands that stopped mid-forearm.

The ink was on his neck as well, although he wasn't sure if it stopped around the collarbone or chest. You couldn't see Blurry's eyes either, they were being covered by a red hat that stuck out of his completely black t-shirt and skinny jeans.

The teen sighed, "excuse me...could you please leave?"

Blurryface completely ignored him, staring at the clothes on the floor.

Slightly uncomfortable by the presence of the alter, Ty continued cleaning.

"Why do you hate me?" the sudden question came out of Blurry's mouth.

Silence.

"I don't know...you represent my fears and insecurities so maybe that's why."

More silence.

"Oh..."

Ty felt bad for Blurryface, maybe the only reason he acted the way he did was for attention?

It wasn't like Tyler was very nice to Blurry whenever he wanted a conversation.

Blurry stood up, walking over to Ty. Who, in response, backed up by surprise.

Suddenly deciding to be affectionate, Blurry wrapped his arms under Tyler's.

"What are you doing?" asked Tyler

"Taking back my body..." Blurry suddenly cackled, ripping through Ty's torso in a flourish of black smoke.

The boy screamed, collapsing to the floor.

His mom ran in gasping as she saw her son on the floor.

Running out of the room, she called 911 on their home phone.

Tyler was rushed to the hospital.