Dove

Loki studied the ALS Dictionary day and night for a week. He would practice by signing to himself, he would work on a single word for hours. The woman who he had met last week finally returned to his cell, her joyful disposition filled the room when she entered. Loki felt an odd feeling of excitement to see her again. He wanted to show her what he had learned.

The Woman smiled as she went over to Loki "Loki, I hope that book helped. How did you like the book?" Her palms folded together and opened as she signed the last word. Loki watched her quick movements trying to figure out what she said. He put his hand on his arm and slowly moved it up his arm. "Slow down" he signed. she smiled, a silent giggle escaped her as she saw his first sign, showing that he had read the dictionary. She slowed her movements "You read the book." He nodded, She took his hand and made him make a fist and nod his fist up and down. "Yes! Say it with your hands." Her signs still slow so Loki could understand. Loki thought out the words he wanted to sign " you said your name was Bird." She waited as he struggled through the sentence then replayed "Yes, Bird is my quick little nickname for my real name Dove." He smiled as he watched her hands. Her name was fitting considering how peaceful he felt when she was around him. He put his hand to his face and rolled his fingers across his face "beautiful" he signed.

( A/N I know it's short but I hope you like it! )