Chapter 9

Recap:

"Anyway so how life and I is also expecting you to tell me why did your marriage with my brother ended and I want the truth" she stated.

Holy sh*t maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all.

---------------------------------------------------

Shit the look Angel kept giving me meant business.

"I don't have all day I want to hear everything from you Alex without any f*cking lie and painting it pretty don't make me open this folder".

And with that she shows me a folder which honestly I had no idea what was in it.

"I know you're wondering what this is well it's the result of an investigation I ask to be conducted the moment you walk out of the restaurant and according to the investigator there is a major secret in here so! What is it going to be" she stated.

Fuck my life. What is it with people investigating me first Nick and now Angel but if it is what she says than its better to convince Angel of not telling HIM about Cole.

"Angel I will tell you what happen but please listen carefully and don't judge me for my decision" I ask of her.

"I don't know what happen with our relationship but, one day everything was ok than the next I found him in our own bed with my sister and it wasn't exactly talking. He laugh and threw it in my face. That day I left I couldn't deal with it any longer. I stay for cajole of days in a hotel and then I found out I was pregnant " I told Angel and by then the look on her face show how surprise she was.

"We'll yeah I was shock and cried. I cried because of everything and the fact that I was carrying Ashton's baby. That day I met my best friend Sophia and she help me threw everything and convince me of telling your brother. But, you know what happen he was in his office with one of his friend. Angel he humiliated, insulted and embarrassed me that all I wanted to do was died. He didn't even let me pronounce a single word. In the end I left the country with Sophia and gave birth to a baby boy Cole. Years later as you see we move back and well we live a good life "I told Angel.

"WHAT THE FUCK, my brother is an asshole gosh he will have an issue with me. And you you hid my nephew from me Alex. He has a family that deserves to know of his existence. We should not pay for my idiot brother's mistake." Angel exclaim.

"I want to meet him and God Alex you have to tell Ashton before he finds out on his own he will become a monster Alex. When he gets angry nothing can stop him and trust me that when he finds out we are all dead" she stated.

"Angel breath. I..... I know he find out it's just that ....dmmmm" I try to come up with an excuse but in reality I notice I had none other than to protect Cole and myself from getting hurt.

"I know it's hard Alex but it will be better if you tell him instead of him finding out through a different source and also I want to meet my nephew as soon as possible I will help you with my brother" she stated and gosh couldn't I be any happier at least she wasn't harsh and understood my decision.

"Ok here is my address why don't you come next on Friday that way you have more time to spend with him and also his birthday is on Sunday" I told her.

Cole will be so happy of meeting his aunt. He has never met any relatives since we live out of the country his entire life.

"I will be there" Angel stated with a smile on her face.

"We'll I have to go. I work in half an hour, take care and congratulation on your wedding" I told her while getting up in order to leave.

"K bye see you on Friday"

UNKNOWN:

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN THAT YOU DON'T KNOW BITCH? I DON'T GIVE A SH*T ABOUT WHO YOU HAVE TO PAY BUT YOU BETTER HAVE THE INFORMATION READY FOR ME AND IF NOT TRUST ME THAT HEADS ARE GOING TO ROLL".

ALEX:

Honestly I didn't expect Angel's reaction. I was expecting her to give me a time limit to tell her brother or something. I left the Cafe and went straight to work while thinking about how everything was going to play off with Cole. I know he will be happy of having an aunt. He has always wanted to have a bigger family. I still remember the day he asks me to mail Santa a letter asking for a little brother or sister so that he will have someone to play with. Remembering that day brought a smile to my face. Cole will definitely be happy about Angel.

"Hello everyone" I said as soon as I walk in and receiving a bunch a hellos from everyone.

"Alex, it seems that after the success of the engagement party people started to book the restaurant for more personal occasions. Here these letters arrive today but, well you need to open it" Daniel stated.

Man I was going to miss them since I have to stop working at the restaurant soon. I will have my hands full with the family business but, I know for sure that they will be fine and that Daniel will make an amazing manager. I had already send my resignation letter to my employer and I'm pretty sure that this letter revolves around that and in the end I wasn't wrong since the letter stated the acceptance about my decision to resign. Now all I had left to do is inform the others of the changes and assume my place as the rightful heir to the Smith fortune.

I walk out of my office or ex office and gather everyone in the kitchen. " I know you are al probably wondering why I gather you al together and well it's to inform you that today is my last day working here" I said.

"What? No! Why would they fired you? "Ask Daniel.

"They didn't am leaving by choice. Am sorry but I need to take care of personal problems. Also, I will not be able to work here anymore and as of today Daniel will be your new manager. Please don't look at me like that I promise I'll stay in touch and you all can count on me for anything" I told them with tears in my eyes.

"Are you claiming your rights over your family's fortune and don't worried we knew who you were and understood why you did it. Good luck and we will keep in contact. I will see you at Cole's birthday party" Daniel stated.

After he said that he did something I wasn't expecting. He kiss me. His lips felt warm and foreign to me. He was sweet and tender. He nip my bottom lip asking for entrance and I found myself giving into him. Daniel tasted like mint and honestly I was ok with it and just like that our kiss ended. He didn't even let me say anything and left me standing there.

-------------------/-----------------
I AM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SO OFTEN AND I PROMISE WHAT YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER. ALSO I WANT TK KNOW WHO YOU BELIEVE IS THE UNKNOWN CHARACTER.

THANKS FOR READING
XxxMaddy