A Princely Night...

Earlier this day the capital was celebrating the marriage of their favorite Prince Aditya with the Princess of Southern Isle, Princess Aradhya. As the night crept in slowly, Princess Aradhya sat elegantly on the diamond studded bed and awaited the arrival of the prince. She was the first wife of the prince and she knew there were many more to come. Kings of this region were not only famous for their valour,but also for their list of wives and concubines. The family of the princess however held a long line of kings who were devoted completely to the concept of a single partner. All her life the princess desired not for a royal partner but for a man who had eyes only for her. But fate had other plans. Now as she sat waiting for her prince,she knew that he wont be only hers.
The prince entered the chamber and smiled at the princess. Understanding her hesitation,he walked upto her and sat beside her.
Aradhya...The name rolled of the prince's tongue with such elegance and ease. The princess shivered hearing her name for the first time in the prince's voice.
"Yes,your Highness", the princess replied with respect.
The prince shaked his head in a disapproving manner and said, " It is your husband, and not your highness within the confines of this chamber ,my love".

The princess for the first time raised her head to look at the prince with disbelief. He doesn't sound like the way she had imagined. He had expressed dislike for being addressed by his title.And he had also addressed the princess as 'my love'.
The princess quickly questioned to the prince's amazement.
"But I shall never be your only wife ,your Highness. So why bother with the title? Let me refer to you as you shall always be. It would remind me of my position better. "

As soon as the princess had uttered these words,the prince broke into a hearty laughter. The princess remained confused to his reaction.
The prince then stated,
"I am not my ancestors,my love. My heart has fallen in love with you from the moment my eyes rested on your being. I desire you much more than you understand princess. And I respect you more, now that you have fearlessly spoken your heart's worries. Know this my love, I, Adithya Varma shall never take another lady as my wife as long as I live. Aradhya,my love,my wife, my queen, my entire being is devoted to you alone. Never question my love , my dear."

The princess froze in disbelief. She couldn't imagine a prince deviating from his ancestors' rules. The decision would have grave repercussions,the princess understood.

"But what would the people of the state say? People would never accept something alien to their traditional rules. They would speak ill of you ,my king. They would refer you as weak", the princess cried in horror.

The prince took hold of the princess' hand and looked into her eyes and said calmly.
"My love belongs to you alone,my Aradhya. Do not fear the people. Mine is a decision that expresses devotion and love, not weakness. For you, I shall face the trials of all the three worlds.In the course of time,all shall be well".

The prince finally said, " You have my word,princess."
"And you, my heart and soul,my king", whispered the princess as she hugged the prince. Her love.