My Favorite Cousin

"Sameeraa.".My mom's voice echoed from down below..
"Coming mom."..
I quickly checked my reflection at the mirror and rushed downstairs. Today there is a puja held at my house and my entire family was downstairs arranging for the function. And here I was trying to fix a wardrobe malfunction. Great start to the day.

  I reached the bottom of the stairs, and noticed someone wearing casuals amid all this glam. He never changes, does he.. A smile appeared magically on my face by just seeing him.

Arjun.. Aced in academics and sports. An architect by profession. The so-called Prince of the house. Someone who doesn't mince his words around. Pride of the family. Inshort, my favorite cousin of the lot. He is actually more than just a cousin... 

It took me a few minutes to realize what he was doing. He was helping the girls finish the floral rangoli. Every girl in the arena was shamelessly ogling at him. And he remained completely unaware of all the attention he was receiving. I went mad at the sight.I marched towards Arjun and sat right beside him, smirked at the girls and started helping him. To my surprise, he leaned in close and whispered in my ear,

"Someone seems to be looking nice?"

I blushed at his compliment ,but regaining my coolness, questioned back..

"Someone seems to be getting all the attention?"

He smiled without looking at me. But without losing a beat, questioned me back.

"Someone seems to be getting jealous?"

I scoffed at his words, and began concentrating on the work. Why does he think  I am going to be jealous? Proud jerk. Never am I going to talk to him until he does.But within a few minutes, my over enthusiastic self couldnt hold on to the silence. So I moved closer to Arjun and tried to ask non chalantly,

"You do realize all the girls are flirting with you ,right?"

But to my dismay, the words had a hint of sadness etched in them. Arjun seemed to have sensed it. Because now he was looking at me with a reaction, I couldnt decipher.He then slowly said,

"You do realize they aren't important to me, right?"

"So who is ?", I asked in reflex. 

As soon as the words were spoken I realized what I have just done. I have let Arjun know about my feelings for him.Something I have hid all this while. Scared of what the reply shall be, my eyes were fixed on the rangoli.

I could feel Arjun's eyes on me, as he slowly said.

"The one who has always been there for me is. The one who is even now by my side, is."

Saying this he stood up and I couldnt believe what I was hearing.

"You do realize what you are saying is,right?", I asked shiveringly.

He looked at me disapprovingly and said,

"You do realize you can sometimes be impossible, right? I love you Sameera. Always have .Always will. Now go and help aunt with the preparations.Dont fool around."

Saying this he left to attend the other guests, just like that. I turned around to see all the girls staring at me in disbelief. I sheepishly smiled at them and hurried to the kitchen.

As I was helping mom with the preparations, it dawned on me..

He loves me.... Arjun loves me..

*** Heyya desi people, 😎
Do comment,vote and share your love..💕
Lots more stories coming up..👍***